Chapter 26- A new puppy

Chip POV

We drove off to the animal shelter. It was a 20 min drive.
We got in the parking lot of our towns animal shelter.
We went in and a nice lady said "hello welcome r u looking for a new companion"

"Yes we are" sam said while rubbing my head with his knuckle

She showed us where the dogs are there was a lot of barking.
I spotted a shy dog in the last cage it was a Australian Shepard and I wanted him.
"Sam that one!" I said while pointing to the Australian Shepard.

"Omg a Australian Shepard I always wanted one" Sam said he called the lady over and said "this is the one" he said

The lady got He dog out of the cage and led us to an area where we can interact with the dog.

The Australian Shepard was the nicest dog ever. He wouldn't stop licking my face.

"He just got here the other day he was abandoned" the lady said

"Well we have decided who we are gonna take home what's his name?" Sam said

"His name is Rudy" the lady said

"That's a cute name for such a good boy" sam said Rudy cane running towards Sam and licked his face.

"Awww" sam said

"So you just need to fill out some paperwork and he's all set to go home" the lady said

Sam went over to the desk while I stayed with Rudy.Sam filled out the required paperwork.

"Rudy is a year old he is neutered, microchipped and has all his shots" the lady said

Sam finished the paperwork and handed it back to the lady. "R we free to go?" He said

"Yep you can take Rudy home" the lady said.
Sam walked back to Rudy and me and said
"Well we're all set" Sam said

The lady gave us his leash and collar the came with. The collar was blue with a argyle pattern so does his leash. We left the shelter and went to the car. Next we went to the pet store.

We got food and water dishes, food, treats, toys a bed and a crate. We also made him a custom dog tag with his name on it.

We went home and let him go potty before bringing him in the house. We bring him in the house and he got all excited and barking in happiness. We bring all his stuff in and made up his area in the corner of the living room.

I played with him with one of his new toys. Me and Sam played with him all day. We were all in a good mood.

It was dinner time sam made chicken and rice. Rudy just sat next to sam and begged for food. Sam chuckles and gave Rudy a bite of his chicken. Rudy gobbled it up and licked his lips.

It made me and Sam chuckle.
I'm glad we gotta dog.

Me and Sam watched a movie after dinner and I fell asleep on him. He carried me upstairs and  put me to bed and set my alarm Tommorow was Monday