Chapter 7

Peeta's POV

"Kat, I'm going to take Willow into the garden for a short time." I alerted Katniss as I picked up my sleeping 2 month old daughter from her cot.

Katniss enters the room and comes up to me before replying.

"Okay. I'll join you soon." Katniss kisses me on the nose.

I smile before walking out and heading out the back go our small garden.

I made my way to a white garden bench, placed to one side.

Once sitting on it, I positioned myself comfortably before lying Willow on my chest and admire her.

I look up briefly and saw a bright yellow dandelion below me.

I carefully picked it up and placed it in Willow's hair.

"You know you're beautiful Willow, just like your mother." I quietly spoke to her sleeping figure.

Willow must have heard as she decides to wriggle on my chest to make herself comfortable.

I smile. She is so perfect. I love Willow so much.

I continue to look at my daughter for several minutes.

My head tilts up when I hear footsteps and I see Katniss' trotting down the few steps and she heads towards us.

Katniss wears a pink floral summer dress. This one I haven't seen her wear for a while.

Katniss and I share a passionate kiss before Katniss sits down beside me.

"I haven't seen you wear that since we were dating . That's .... 16 years now." Katniss showed me the smile I love.

"I thought I would wear it since I know you absolutely love this dress." I chuckle, agreeing with Katniss.

"Yeah. That's true." I reply and smile.

"This little one is a sleeper alright." I add and Katniss quietly laughs.

"Completely different from when I was expecting her. She would kick non-stop then."

Katniss says and looks down to the ground.

She sighs and looks back up into my blue eyes.

"She was interesting to carry." Katniss comments and I nod understandingly.

"Well you will know what to expect if we have more." I comment and Katniss' eyes widen.

"Peeta. You better not be asking for more kids already. I have just been pregnant for 38 weeks and you have a 2 month old daughter in your arms." Katniss comments with a smile and I let out a chuckle.

"Didn't you hear me?" I joke. "I said if."

Katniss shakes her head with a smirk. She leans over and kisses my cheek.

"Oh Peeta. Oh my wonderful Peeta."