Epilogue

My eyes open to another white place. The place I dreamt of. I sit up, surrounded by clouds.

Dressed in white. My hands carrying no wrinkles that were created over the years. I'm young again. Possibly my 28 year old self. Standing up, I don't notice the figure standing before me.
My head tilts up from admiring my body and meets him.

Him. Who I've missed so much even though it was such a short time that we were separated.
I run towards his younger body and crash into his warm arms. The familiar scent of cinnamon and dill still lingering. "Peeta." I exasperate and smile. Peeta's arms wrap around my waist together and so does mine around his neck. We pull away slowly and I recognise the features of his 28 year old self.

"I missed you." I state and Peeta chuckles.

"It was only a couple of minutes," he replies and pulls me closer to him before adding "but I still missed you too." I smile and soon identify the difference I see of him. Scar-free. The horrible memories washed away like it was only paint on our skin.

Our lips connect. I feel the sparks that always come; I barely recognise the other feature. The hunger. The hunger which I felt on the quarter quell beach. We deepen the kiss and both smile in it. We separate and lean our foreheads against each others.

"I know you know this too but, I've spent so many years being in love with you and that is to continue. Even in the place beyond those golden gates." He says and I look behind us to reveal the golden gates he mentions.

"I know. I would say the same about you." I answer.

"Come on, let's go see everyone again." Peeta quietly exclaims and puts my hand in his. He starts taking me towards paradise but there's something holing me back.

"Wait Peeta." I say and slip my hand from his. He turns back to me confused. "The kids." I say and he stands by me again.

"Look at them. They're absolutely happy and we made them that way." Peeta points below us and I follow his finger to see an image of both Willow and Rye's families, all happy. I smile and look at our son and daughter before tuning to Peeta.

"Let's go." I encourage and grasp his hand. We turn and run to the gates that will bestow a new and happy life for us.

As we enter rough the gate, we become new.

----------------------

Willow and Rye discovered both Katniss and Peeta dead, side by side, a few days later. They mourned for days on end.

News spread throughout Panem quickly that Katniss and Peeta Mellark of District 12 has passed.
One overcast afternoon following their death, all of Panem fell silent, even the Mockingjays. Honouring them both in the quiet time that was upon them for their hard work that changed the face of Panem.

Willow and Rye's families spent a happy life remembering their fallen relatives. Whether they were a parent, in-law or grandparent to them. Willow and Rye constantly reminded their children of their grandparents and the lives they faced.

How, you may ask?

There is a book. That houses the memories of their parents. Katniss and Peeta Mellark. This book will forever contain the happy memories and will always be looked upon.
Katniss and Peeta Mellark.
The inspiration.
The victors of District 12.
The couple on fire.

Their fire has been put out.

                                                                                   The End

There we go! The End! I'm so sad that I've finished it now! But don't worry!! News on a new book and a thank you message are on the way in the next coming days!!