Chapter 10

Peeta's POV

We lay down in the meadow.
On a blanket, smiling.

I lie on my side and Katniss lies on her back.
We show proud smiles as our daughter moves and goofs around on my wife's chest.

We must have picked one of the best spots in the meadow as the sun light shines brightly, but is slightly blocked by the layer of leaves connected to the tall standing trees.

"Willow." I say, trying to grab my Willow's attention.
Willow's head snaps in my direction and her eyes meet mine.

"Hello." I cover my eyes. "Where is Willow?" I ask.

I pause before removing my hands from my eyes. "There she is!" I exclaim and Willow gives me a big toothless smile.

"Where is Willow?!" I say again, my vision going black. "Peek-a-boo!" I see Willow and notice how she seems fascinated by what I'm doing with her.

"Where is Mummy?" I ask, my eyes closed, and turn my head to face the direction I know my wife is in.
I open my eyes and see her. "There she is." I say quieter and smile.

Katniss smiles and we share a small kiss.
Katniss turns her head back to look at Willow.

Katniss raises her hand to Willow's face. She takes her index finger and places it on her small nose.
"Boop!" She exclaims as she touches Willow's nose and immediately moves her finger away.

Willow turns her head to Katniss' with curiosity.
"Boop!" She repeats the process and giggles, having fun with her daughter.

I reach my index finger to her nose and touch it, joining Katniss. "Boop!" I exclaim.
I smile as Willow becomes confused and I move closer to Katniss' body.

I kiss Katniss' temple and nuzzle my nose into her free flowing locks.
Katniss slightly laughs and I decide to do it again. She laughs a little bit louder.

Once her laughing dies down she speaks. "Sit up."
I sit up immediately, following my wife's orders and Katniss sits up soon after.

She places Willow in the carrier we brought with us just incase she needed to sleep.
She leaves Willow to find sleep and Katniss looks at me.

She moves to sit as close as she can to me. She runs her fingers up my chest and brings her lips to my neck.
She knows I like it there.
I lean my head over so she as more room and deepens the kiss. I close my eyes and quietly moan.

"Kat." I say before her lips are removed but she places them back on my neck almost instantly.

I smile and my hands find their way to hers. I entwine my fingers with hers as I enjoy this moment.

Katniss' lips leave my neck and I open my eyes. I tilt my head back and give her a long kiss on the lips which make the sparks come.
The sparks that I felt on the beach of the Quarter Quell.

When we stop, we rest our forehead against each others and we smile.

Taking the moment in.