Chapter 21

Katniss' POV
I read your comments from my last chapter.. I might have accidentally dropped a hint that she is pregnant...

I stand up and gaze at the row of flowers.
The primroses. All the small bushes of them side by side.
My eyes look at the one I just planted, marking 20 years since her death.

I plop myself back down again and sigh.
She would be so happy if she was here. She would be an amazing aunt to Willow. I might have been an aunt.

My eyes then trail the to the first one, the one Peeta planted.
The memory rapidly reappears in my brain.

~~ Flasback starts ~~

"What are you doing?"

"I went to the woods this morning and dug these up. For her." he says. "I thought we could plant them along the side of the house."

I look at the bushes, the clods of dirt hanging from their roots, and catch my breath as the word rose registers.
I'm about to yell vicious things at Peeta when the full name comes to me. Not plain rose but evening primrose.

The flower my sister was named for.
I give Peeta a nod of assent and hurry back into the house, locking the door behind me.

~~ Flashback ends ~~

I take a deep breath and look up.
I set my eyes on the window above me.

Peeta standing by the window, with a small frown on his face. He knows when I encounter a flashback.
I smile, hoping to reassure him and stand up.

I brush the dirt and dust off my clothes and hands before walking to the steps.
I climb the steps at a moderate pace and grasp the door knob.
I open the brown door and step in. I then slowly close it, watching my hand on the door knob.

Once the door is back in position, I look up. I am met with the concerned face that belongs to my husband.

"I'm okay. It wasn't major." I comment and look away. I hear Peeta walk up to me and take my hands in his.
My arms are raised and I soon feel Peeta kiss the back of my hands.
When my arms are lowered, still holding Peeta's hands, I look into his blue eyes.

"I love you. I just want to make sure you're okay. I always have and always will. Always." Peeta says and I smile and nod.

"Always." I reply and he smiles.

I kiss Peeta, he kisses me back but deepens it. I end up wrapping my arms around his neck and his arms make their way to my waist.

I close my eyes and smile, making the most of this moment in time.

A/N: Lol... It wasn't a hint that she is pregnant. Got your hopes up didn't I?
ALSO... I've reached 115 followers so my profile picture is of me! Only until next Wednesday though!