Chapter 51

Willow's POV

I can't believe this is actually happening. The day is actually here.

Dad stands by my side. My new life hidden behind the closed doors. Here we stand, in the small church building of district 12.
Dressed in white, Dad dressed in a white suit.

"I love you so much Willow Mellark." I turn my head to my father as he speaks. I show him a smile but a realisation kicks in. That's the last time I'll be called Willow Mellark.

"I love you too Dad." I reply before he reaches his hand up to gently readjust the flower crown on my head. Woven together by my mother. I smile a wider smile and Dad's hand finds its way to my cheek.

Dad leans in and kisses my nose. He's trying so hard to keep the tears in. He will let them fall at some point I know. I understand and am okay with it if he does.

My arm wraps around my Dad's arm and we face the door again. I entwine my fingers with my dads and I stroke his thumb.

Dad looks to me with visible tears in his eyes. "I'm very proud of you." He states. I nod and I hear the doors slowly open.

I loose my breath. Can I do this?

I feel Dad starting to walk forward so I follow his lead. I briefly let my eyes linger on the bottom of my wedding dress.

I must look up at some point. Taking a silent deep breath, I look up and my eyes lie upon Ryan in seconds.

He smiles and I shyly smile at him and look away, blushing. Gripping my the stems on my small bouquet. Dad grip suddenly tightens as we walk down to aisle towards him. Holding to these last moments closely.

We share eye contact for a second and we shares smiles again.

It feels like it takes a second for me and Dad to get to the altar but we soon enough reach it.
Dad helps me up the few stairs so I stand beside Ryan.

I pass my bouquet to Jennifer and I turn back to Dad. He kisses my right hand and slowly goes to place it in Ryan's hand. He lets go and Ryans hand bring more warmth to my fingers.

Wait.

Just as Dad is about to head back down the stairs I quietly exclaim. "Dad." He turns his head to me and I slowly kiss his cheek, letting him capture it.

"I love you." I murmur and Dad lets the tears fall.

"I love you too baby girl." He replies and walks down the stairs. I turn back to Ryan and join my other hand in his.

Time flies so fast just by staring into Ryan's hazel eyes. Soon enough Ryan slips my wedding ring onto my left ring finger and I place his ring on his left ring finger.

We look up at each other and smile. "I pronounce you husband and wife. Mr and Mrs Daniels." When those words ring through my eardrums I let a tear of joy roll down my cheek.

"Ryan, you may kiss the bride." The priest and Ryan immediately leans in and we kiss. A short yet long kiss. My first kiss as a wife. A wife to Ryan Daniels.