Chapter 32

Peeta's POV

"Peeta?" I hear Katniss' voice speak and I turn my wet face to Katniss behind me. When I see it's her, I turn my head back and look at my crossed legs.

I hear her footsteps come closer to me. I hear a quiet whimper of pain and my head shoots up. I hold onto Katniss as she slowly sits down beside me.

"You okay honey?" Katniss calming asks.

"Katniss, I'm a horrible father." I state and break down into tears. I cover my face with my hands and bend down so my hands touch my legs.

Darkness becoming my vision.

"No Peeta no you aren't." Katniss retorts and strokes my head. "You're just being protective and that's okay. I understand you're protective because we know that I can go into labour anytime now and Willow is in her first year of school. It's okay."

"But Katniss I just yelled at our daughter!" I look up at her and exclaim. She shows me no signs of hurt and I bury my face in my hands again.

I start shaking as I sob. One of Katniss' hand goes to sit on my shoulder and she strokes it with her thumb.

"It's okay. It's okay." She whispers before she kisses my head.

"No it's not." I retort.

"Hey, don't go into denial Peeta. You are an amazing father and husband and you are soon to have a son Peeta. Anyone would dream of being in your shoes." I tilt my head up and look into her eyes. Full of sympathy towards me.

"Come here." She calmly demands and I wrap my arms around her and pull her close. I bury my head into the crook of her shoulder. Her arms wrap around my back and her hands stroke my back.

"You will always have us." Katniss comment to me to break the started silence.

"I love you so much Peeta." She adds.

"I do as well." I say to my wife and she moves her arms tighter around me.

I open my eyes and see the world of the District 12 woods. Where Katniss calls a second home.

I look down and see one of Katniss' scars peeking out from her shirt collar. I raise my hand and stroke it with my thumb before lowering the shirt collar and gently place my lips on that stretch of skin. Giving a peck.

"Oh." Katniss exclaims and we end the embrace.

"Kat?" I ask as she places a hand on our unborn child's temporary home. She whimpers in pain and closes her eyes.

"Kat?" I ask and cup her face in my cheeks.

"I'm okay. Just a false contraction." Katniss reassures me and opens her eyes.

"We are going to be fine. You, Willow, our son and I." She murmurs. I nod.

But that's when the denial came.