Chapter 38

Katniss' POV

SORRY FOR NO UPDATE YESTERDAY. I WOULD HAVE BUT THE NEW MOCKINGJAY PART 1 TRAILER AND TV SPOTS WOULDN'T LET ME WRITE A CHAPTER.

I open my eyes to a new day. The sun peeking though the curtain gaps.
I stretch, whimpering in pain, and face Peeta. I smile when I see him looking at me.

"Morning beautiful." He comments and leans over to kiss my nose.

"Morning." I reply and kiss him briefly.

"You feeling okay this morning?" He asks and I nod.

"I love the fatherly figure you are towards Willow and now Rye."

"Kids and family are so precious that they need to be protected and loved so well and I'm ready to continue doing all of that." Peeta states and I nod. I hug him to the best of my ability before Willow ones the door wider and walks up to the bed.

"Hello Mummy and Daddy." She greets and I turn away from my husband to face her.

"Hey sweetie. Had a good sleep?" Willow nods. "Rye didn't wake you up?" Will shakes her head in response and I sit up. "I'm going to wake Rye up." I state and slowly get out of bed, due to the pain.

Once I'm standing, Willow grasps my left hand and we walk towards the hallway.
I briefly turn my head back to Peeta and see a wide smile on his face which I return. I turn my head back and let Willow lead me to Rye's nursery. We decorated another room for Rye as Willow wants to stay in her room with the painted lake mural.

Once we reach the door, Willow lets go of my hand and quietly enters the room. She tiptoes to the cot and peers over the railing edge.I quietly chuckle and walk up to be beside Willow.

I look over and see 4 day old Rye sleeping peacefully, I don't want to wake him up but it will mess up his schedule.

"Hello Rye." I quietly greet and scoop Rye into my arms. He opens his eyes to reveal his grey orbs and I kiss his small forehead, smiling.

His tiny hand grips onto my finger and I walk over to the changing table. I slowly let him down and he shuffles around, whimpering.

I quickly go to his closet and pick out a blue and light onesie that covers his small feet. I walk back with the garment in my arms and start to change Rye. Willow stands up on the seat beside the changing table to watch me and her brother.

When I take off his pyjamas, I quickly kiss his hands, head, tummy and feet. Willow starts giggling and I smile.

While getting his new onesie on, Rye lightly hits me on the cheek. I turn to look at his face, acting surprised.

"Baby Rye hit me!" I quietly exclaim and this again makes Willow laugh. I smile at Rye and stroke his forehead and kiss his nose before continuing.

Once he is dressed, I rest him against my shoulder and Willow and I walk out and head downstairs.

As I enter the hallway, I smell Peeta's cooking. I smile at the thought that he got up to cook us breakfast.

Willow runs down the stairs and sprints to hug Peeta. I see Peeta turn around to look at her. He acts surprised and picks her up, kissing her cheek. He sets her down again and I walk into the kitchen.

I walk up to him and turn so he can see Rye. "Hello Rye!" He exclaims and strokes his head. He leaves a kiss on his head before giving me a kiss and turning his attention back to breakfast.

I smile and sit down beside Willow at the table in the kitchen, loving the little things we do as a family as we greet each other in the morning.

A/N: I have published a couple of one-shots so check them out!
MOCKINGJAY PART 1 IS GOING TO KILL ME!