Part 19: Interrogations and All Nighters

For the past couple of days Aaron and Kian have taken turns going back and forth to school and checking on the twins. The twins decided that they want to stay at home by themselves today.They have to do it sooner or later. Plus, they have to go through some pictures. The have an obituary to write for the funeral coming up. Once the police give them the ok, they're going to search through his house too. They'll take all the sentimental a valuables out of there. The both open their laptops and start typing. They type about his life. Tears stain their cheeks. It hurts to think about it, but they have to. They power through and finish the whole obituary with pictures and all. It's still ten, but they feel exhausted. Crying really wears you out. They get tuck back into bed, but they don't want to be alone. For the past couple of days they've been beside Aaron or Kian. Nessa's room has the least amount of memories, so Roni gets under her sheets. Suddenly they're not tired. They start telling stories of their childhood and the better times. They stare at the ceiling with their hands on their stomach and they laugh at the funny stuff, cry at the sad, and pick at each other at the embarrassing. They fall asleep comfortably for the first time in forever. Sometimes all you need is family.

At the autopsy center the examiner walks away from the body. He fills out the chart and zips the body bag up. Officer Lear walks in. The smell hits him like a hammer. He has to remind him self that this is where they keep multiple dead bodies at a time.

"Joel, what's the verdict?" Officer Lear asks. He's been in this case non stop since the body was found.

"We can't find any evidence of rough handling or foul play. Cause of death had to be from the bullet wounds, they're directly in the head. Any finger prints or evidence have been eroded off along with some of the skin. All I know is that this is going to be a hard job for the people at the funeral home to clean up." Joel says

"Thanks Joel" Officer Lear says. He doesn't feel like thanking him at all. He was no help and he knows that it's not his fault. It's just that Officer Lear has been working on this case for weeks. He knows that there is something deeper than a disappearance and a sudden murder. It has to be something else. This is his big break. He goes back to his office and sorts things out again. He has to think. Where would a murder hide their evidence? Where would no one find it? An idea clicks in his mind. He gets up from his desk as fast as he can and gets as many people on the job as he can. He's gonna figure this out even if this is the death of him.

Mariah is starting to show. She's ver excited about this, but this means a lot of extra precautions. She wear super baggy sweat shirts, sits a certain way, and uses whatever she can to her stomach without looking weird. She's been shopping for baby clothes online and reading books about being a mother. She's making everyone in the house read them too. Aaron is glad he missed this part. Even Andrew has a book he can barely understand in front of him. No matter how miserable it's making everyone, it makes Mariah happy so they do it.

Aaron and Kian have work. They get dressed and apologize for not being their for the past couple of days. She says that she understands and that Luke told her everything. They work super hard. It's a busy day. With everything going on, a lot of people like out of area news crews, Paul's co workers and friends are staying in time. It's also attracted a lot of tourist. This tragedy has attracted a lot of attention. They work all shifts and they get paid almost ten times more. At the end of the day Aaron counts up all his money. He has just the right amount. Once everything dies down, he'll buy the necklace and buy his plan in action.

Wendy decides to return back to town. She's seen the story all over the news. It's spread Like wildfire. She doesn't want to seem like she's ditching the scene. She's sure there will be a funeral coming up and she'll have to attend that. If she doesn't it's a dead giveaway. She'll still be on the edge of her seat when she gets back in town. She know that at any moment she can be convicted. People already have a watch on her. This is dangerous. She regrets doing this, but he knew to much.