Part 40: Reunited

"You ready to get out of here?" Alex asks Aaron.

"You know I'm ready to get out of here. I can't wait to be free" Aaron cheers.

"Don't forget you still have to stay on the machines. You aren't totally free." Alex warns

"Ugh don't remind me" Aaron says. He tools his eyes at Alex. He goes to look for some clothes to put on. He has nothing because his clothes from that night are all bloody and torn from them having to cut them off of him. He bets his white undershirt could pass as a red one after he had to have it cut off. He doesn't like to think about that. He wants to keep positive thoughts in his head today. He doesn't want to bring anyone's mood down. He's sure everyone is ready to be out of secrecy and that starts when he's out of the hospital.

Everyone wants to make coming home special for Aaron. Some of them haven't seen him in months. They also want to thank hm for all that he's done especially save their lives. They also want to do the same for Kian. Kian pushed people away from the bullets and stop Luke and Aaron's bleeding a little so they want to thank him for that. They sent him to the store to get things to surprise Aaron with while they set up his surprise. It's just a little token of their appreciation.

Lauren and Nessa have been keeping a close eyes on Roni recently. They know she's excited that Aaron is coming home, why wouldn't she be? They're just a little worried about how she's feeling. They know it's hard.

"Roni do you need some help in here?" Lauren asks as she peers her head around the doorway corner. She and Nessa were getting ready in Nessa's room. They figured that Really no might want to join.

"Actually I'm done" Roni says as she puts her brush down.

"Nope. I am not letting you do that. You're going to look your best for him and yourself. I'm tired of you moping around. I want the old Roni back." Nessa says. Before Roni can protest against it Nessa her hand and pulls her into her room.

"Come on LauraSad !"Nessa yells. Lauren shrugs her shoulders and follows after the twins.

Lear grabs some clothes for Aaron to change into. He's a little bewildered by the fact that he went from living alone to having one kid, to having two kids in the matter of days. It's a strange feeling. He hopes this one likes him. It always seems like Alex doesn't like him. He doesn't understand why. He doesn't want to make it awkward by sitting down to have a conversation about it but he doesn't know what else to do. He's given him space. He's tried to be strict. He brought up the topic, and he left it alone. He's done every truck in the book and now he just doesn't know what else to do. He's just going to have to wait until Alex wants to talk about it. He hates that it has to be that way but he's lost and doesn't know what else's to do.

Sherry is ready to step out into the public. The whole family has to be out at the meeting. They don't have to stay the whole time but they don't want to acknowledge the public. Having to get everyone dressed and ready is going to be a hassle. They're going to let everyone see Aaron first and then they're going to let him get dressed. He takes a lot to handle especially because he's just getting home and he's going to have to rush through everything. Mariah was kind enough to do Sherry's hair. She re-dyed it to a better pink color. It wasn't the cheap box dye either. Sh curled it and shaved a whole new pattern on the side. Sherry has to admit it looks ten times better. It's great having her own little stylist in the house. She even did her makeup and picked out her outfit. That's something Mariah really enjoys doing. Speaking of Mariah, she comes down stairs with Malaya just in a diapers.

"Can I have some help? She just won't let me put this dress on her." She asks

"Sure honey" Sherry puts down the ribbons she was tying around the handle of a basket of cookies. She wiggles Malaya into her dress. Mariah was right it is a little hard. She doesn't like to stop squirming around. "There you go. You look beautiful just like your mommy." Sherry says.