Part 23: Birthdays and Discoveries

The twins 18th birthday is right around the corner. It has everyone running around like chickens with their heads cut off. They want to make the birthday special because they've been through a lot recently and they deserve it because they've done so much for other people. They want the twins to forget all about their worries and just live in the moment.

Mariah and Tyler go out to the store to get party supplies. James made a specific list for them. Mariah helped with that list. At the store they have hundreds of different colors of every item. They need a specific purple and a specific pink for the party. Those two colors are the twins favorite colors. Mariah asks Luke to go find streamers in those colors. Luke is extremely confused on which color is which. He just wants to grab the whole section of purple and pink and throw them in a basket. he just closes his eyes and picks on purple and one pink and hopes that it's the right colors. he takes the two and goes to Mariah and puts it in the cart.

"Are those the right colors?" Mariah asks him

"I don't know. There were like fifty different choices for each one" He says. She looks at them.

"You're in luck because they're the right colors or one shade off. I don't even know if they're right. I think James is going a little overboard. If I know the twins correctly, then I know that they wouldn't care if it's their exact favorite shade of a color. They'll just be satisfied with a cake" Mariah says

"Agreed" Tyler says and starts looking for the napkins in a white that's not to off white but not to bright white. He shakes his head. There is no way that they're ever going to be able to find what James wants.

Kian and Aaron are working on their presents and how to keep the twins distracted. It's supposed to be a surprise party. They chose the worst two people to keep this secret because they tell the twins everything. What do you expect, They're dating them. To keep they're mind off of keeping the secret, they start working on a present. They want to take them to Disney world. They go online and buy passes. They buy four year long passes. They'll have more present in store but they need just a little more time to think about it. At work they get a lot of thinking done, so they go work a shift. They can also make money there, so it's a win win situation.

Lauren and James are working on the whole thing. Mariah and those two are the biggest brains behind the whole party. They're mapping out who's coming, what's going to happen, when it should take, where it should happen, why the twins are going to think that they're not coming to a surprise party, and how it's all going to come together. It's a stressful job but they're are the twins best friends and the most qualified out of the group for the job. The twins deserve it.

Roni and Nessa have no idea what's going on. They're just expecting a cake and maybe on or two presents. They'll be satisfied with that. They have hard battles to face during their birthday this time. It's the first birthday that Paul's not with them for. Even when their parents were freshly divorced he was there for their birthday. He always gave them the best birthday presents and knew exactly what they want to do. Although Wendy would throw huge birthday parties for them because it would make her seem like an amazing parent to the outside people, Paul's birthday parties for them would always be better. He would steal them away for the week and take them to Missouri. They would go swimming at the lake and go play with their cousins. that's they only time the twins would sort of get a long as kids. Not having that this year is going to be hard.

Officer Lear needs the group again for more leads. He calls the up the night that he needs them. He's going to need the twins this time but he has to make them unnoticeable, so he calls in a makeup artist. All police forces have a makeup artist. They need them for cases like this. He's never really needed a makeup artist because he's never had to deal with a case like this. He notices that James had a full face of makeup on when he went undercover, so he calls him and asks can he do the makeup. He'll pay him for it and he might even be able to get a job as the designated makeup artist. James definitely agrees to this. He brings a huge suitcase full of his makeup supplies to the station. Officer ear tells him that they'll work on having the funding for him to have his own room to work on things like that.