Part 48: The Proposal

Aaron and Roni told everyone the plan and they're totally down with it. Sherry and Lear a happy that they found something to do so their mind isn't so focused on bad things. They're going to finalize the things soon. They're super excited for it. They're also super excited because Lear is proposing today. They have everything arranged. The girls are taking Sherry out and getting her all glammed up while the boys stay with Lear and help get him ready. They kids are masters at hinting at stuff without giving it away. The other day the girls were "coincidentally" talking about their dream wedding. They were comparing ring sizes and they asked Sherry what her size is. They took the information that they got and the gave it to the boys, who then gave it to Lear, which caused him to go get the ring resized. The kids are going to make sure this goes down smoothly. They pretty much planned everything but without leaving out the key points that Lear wants to incorporate and what Sherry may like. If it was left up to Lear then the proposal would never happen. He would be stuck in time and to nervous to do it, let alone come up with a plan on how to do it. The only thing that's not set into place is what Lear is going to say. That's a BIG, I repeat BIG part of the proposal. He's just a bundle of nerves and the kids don't know how to help him. They're working on that today. If they don't get it done, there's no telling what's going to happen.

The girls start on their day of festivities. They take Sherry out for brunch. It's going to seem a little suspicious so before Kian leaves in the morning he explains everything.

"Mom!" He yells out from downstairs.

"Yes honey?" She responds

"Where you at?

"It's where are you at and I'm in my room Kian" he goes upstairs and opens her room door. "Good morning" she says when he opens the door. She's sorting clothes.

"Good morning mom. I just came up to tell you about today. Lear thought it would be cool to have some bonding time so we could all adjust to our new living scenarios. The guys are going to be hanging out all day and the girls are going to be hanging out all day. We're going to meet up for dinner. I just want to let you know ahead of time because the girls should be here to pick you up in like thirty minutes" he explains

"How come I didn't know about this?" She asks

"Cause you know how you are. If you know what's going to happen then you over prepare and stuff. Plus we wanted it to be a surprise"

"It's because and ok I understand"

"I'm heading out"

"Ok love you, be safe, and have fun"

"Don't worry I will, and love you too grammar police" he says. He gives her a quick hug and a kiss on the forehead. He drives to Lear's house and unlocks the door with house keys that he made a copy of.

"Kian's here!" Aaron yells as he opens the door for him. He's eating a bag of chips.

"Boonk gang!" Kian says as he snatches the bag of chips out of Aaron's hand. Aaron was hungry but he doesn't feel like chasing Kian around the house so he just shrugs his shoulders and searches through the pantry for something else. Lear looks like he wants to kill them for playing around during such a serious time.

"Calm down pops. Everything is ok" Alex says.

"Everything is going to plan. A little play time isn't going to hurt" Luke says

"At least I didn't chase him around the room" Aaron adds

"Take a chill pill. Everything is all secure. I made sure she wasn't suspicious of anything before I left." Kian says whole munching on some chips. "In a little bit of time you'll be my "dad-to-be"