Part 31: Waking up

Alex rushes to Roni's room. He lifts the blind a little bit to see if there's anyone else in there. He sees Nessa. He doesn't know if he wants to tell everyone else's where Aaron's room is just yet but he doesn't want to keep it away from them. He knows how upset he would be if someone kept something like that away from him. He taps his foot in the ground and thinks about it. He can't come up with a decision do he goes to Lauren. She always helps him with decisions.

"Lauren I have something to tell you, but please don't get mad." He says when he walks up to her inside Mariah's room. She was helping take care of Malaya so that Mariah could get a little break to go talk to Luke. Mariah would have been out if the hospital a long time ago but she had no where to stay and the police force are making her stay there.

"What's up?" Lauren asks. She put Malaya down in her crib. Malaya doesn't mind. She just sits there and looks at the wall. She giggles a little when she sees the colorful pattern on it.

"Uhhhhh. I'm going to say this, so don't be mad." He says. "I might've been hiding that I know where Aaron is and that I've been going to his room everyday" Alex says really fast.

"Alex!" Lauren says. She looks up and down the hallway to make sure no one hears her. "Do you know how bad this is going to be to when the others find out? They've been waiting to see him for awhile now." Lauren says

"See, I knew you would be mad" Alex says and goes to walk away.

"I'm not mad I'm just a little disappointed. I have no idea what you're going through so I can't blame you for hiding it but I can also see why other people would be mad." Lauren says
"Why are you telling me this now?" She asks

"Because there's more to it" He says. He can see Lauren cross her arms. He ignores it and keeps talking. "He might be coming out his coma and this is not exactly an answer ideal situation to break it to them that I know where Aaron was. You know that he can hear everything when he's in the coma and that means he's definitely going to tell everyone that I've been visiting him. That gets me in trouble and maybe Roni. She knows because I couldn't bare to hide it from her. She's known since the day that the doctors told us he was in the coma she just never had the courage to go see him until today, and even then it was hard for her. We talked a lot about what's going on in our lives because she's the only one who really understands." Alex says. As he talks he can't help but cry. The tears start rolling down his cheek. What he's been holding back for so long and forcing not to happen has come. He gets choked up on his words.

"Don't talk baby, come here" Lauren says. Alex walks up to her. She opens her arms and wraps them around Alex. He tries to push her away but she stays flat footed in the ground. She grabs him tighter. Alex gives in and wraps his arms around her and just lets the tears out. They stand there in the empty hallway just hugging. Alex's silent tears says everything that it needs to.

Officer Lear stays up even longer then he did when he did when he was looking for Paul's killer. He's dedicated to finding these kids adoptive mom, why she would leave them, how can he find her, and what he could do to adopt them. He's not stopping until he figures it out and has Aaron, Mariah, Alex, And Malaya sage in his arms.

The doctors testing still goes on as Roni walks out into the hallway. She sees doctors scribbling on notepads. She goes to ask them what's going on. She doesn't like this whole frantic scene anymore. It always leads to bad things. She can feel herself about to have a panic attack. She takes a deep breath and walks to the nearest water fountain. She takes a sip and takes slow breathes. She's had therapy at the hospital and knows that this method works. She sits back down her hospital room for a second to calm herself down. She's been through this routine a couple times. She lays her head back on her pillow. She finally gets herself up and goes out in the hallway. The crowd sort of dispersed. She kind of wants to go down to see Malaya but she knows she needs to face her fears. She walks up to one of the doctors and taps his shoulder.