Chapter 2

(The next day) 

You walk through the courtyard of building 5, looking for Inori. He wasn't on his normal spot on the bench sleeping. Although him being on the bench was much more common, it wasn't unheard of for him to slack off in the break room. You sigh as you make your way to said room. Opening the door, you immediately saw a sleeping Inori. Deciding to be nice this time, instead of scaring him, you shook him awake gently. His eyes opened, still annoyed but a considerable amount less then when you did so yesterday. He looked at you and rolled his eyes. "What do you want this time?" was all he said, expecting some more paperwork. "I was wandering if you would let me take your part in the underground prison today." At this, a very confused expression crossed his face. He was about to ask why before deciding not to. A get out of work free pass was something that he wouldn't pass up. He shrugged and muttered a "Yeah" before falling back asleep. You fist-pumped the air as you walked to the courtyard, exited for your newly added rounds. You bounced slightly as you anticipated your upcoming adventure. Liang pauses in his training to get a bottle of water and notices your state. He flopped down onto the bench next to you while taking a sip of water. "What has gotten you so exited, hmm? Did something that I need to know about happen?" He said, smirking. Knowing that what you were about to do was probably not a good idea, you came up with an excuse. "I pet a dog" Although it was a crappy one, Liang knew how exited you sometimes got over animals and rolled his eyes. After chatting for a bit, checked the time. Your watch read 12:13. You jumped up, surprising Liang. "What the-" You cut him off by running away while shouting ,"WELL LOOK AT THE TIME I HAVE TO GO DO STUFF BYE" Liang sat on the ground confused while you raced to the underground cells. 

(Time skip)

You walked down the humid halls of the underground prison, taking requests as you walked past the cells. You grew more exited as you grew closer to Inori's side. Taking the last inmate's request, you make your way into the new territory. You had never been down this way being too busy running errands and such. Getting to the first cell, you suddenly feel a bit shy. Bringing up your notepad, you got ready to jot down what this one asked for. While writing, you observed the prisoner: Short, brown hair, dark brown eyes, rather skinny, and short looking. You sighed in disappointment. You didn't know much, but you knew Enki was really big. You reasoned that he must have an unusual hair color seeing as he's related to Samon. Brushing off the disappointment, you continued on. 

( Time skip)

You approached the last cell cautiously, heart beating fast. Few fit the description, and none of them were the man you were looking for. You stepped in front of the cell with your eyes closed. Opening your eyes hopefully, you were crushed to realize that this cell was unoccupied. It didn't even have a mattress. A frown crossed your face as you started to walk away. There was nothing but the click clack of your boots for a few seconds before the sound of someone clearing their throat caught your attention. There had been no one last time you checked. You wiped your head in all directions, trying to find the source of the sound. After a few seconds, you stop, confused. Then, a deep voice says from behind you," Over here" You make a noise of surprise as you jump, startled by the sudden voice. Last you checked, there were no cells behind you. Thinking it was an escapee, you turned around slowly, hand moving to your weapon ever so slightly. To your surprise, there was no one. your head tilts in confusion. You hear a sigh coming from deeper into the darkness. At this, you thought of something- what if the darkness that you assumed was a wall wasn't a wall at all. What if there were more behind it? You pulled out your phone, using it to illuminate the path in front of you. Looking up, you nearly screamed. There was indeed a cell beyond the darkness. It was a rather large one. In the corner, back towards you, was a big man with pink and white hair falling around him. Your heart beat faster. Approaching the cell, notebook in hand, you try to even out your breathing. Is this the man you were looking for? The man who killed an inmate? Samon's brother? Composing yourself, you took a breath in, finally gathering up the courage to speak. In a small voice, you said, " Is there a request you would like to make?" you were surprised you didn't stutter. A few seconds of silence. You exhaled, turning on your heel, you began to walk away. You stopped in you tracks when you heard a gruff voice say, "Who are you." It wasn't a question, it was a demand. You turned uncertainly towards the cell. "..." you were too stunned to speak. The voice came again, " You aren't Inori. I've felt you before. (qigong) Always distant. Who are you." You tried to get your brain to work, finally coming up with a response. "(Y-y/n)." You cursed yourself for stuttering. Another pause. "A female. How... interesting" He seemed to be choosing his words carefully. Feeling as if you should speak, you conjured up something to say. "And who are you?" you asked, timidly. There was a very long pause. So long, in fact, that you began to walk away again. After you had taken a few steps, you finally heard the voice say something to answer your question. Although you suspected what the answer would be, it still surprised you. You had doubted this man even existed. So, your eyes widened when the voice said, "Enki Gokuu"

Hope you enjoyed! The next part will hopefully be out either on 3/28 or 3/29. So yeet.