Chapter 55 (xreader)

The sound of your weak voice broke his heart. Nevertheless, you were here with him. Alive. "Yes. I'm here" you then started speaking frantically, "There was....the gunman....poisoned.....Liuya-" Wanting to comfort you, he pulled you gently into a hug. "It's okay. We got them. Him. Liuyang. He's in jail. He's never getting out. You're safe. I'm safe. You did it. I'm free." You looked up at him with hopeful eyes. "I did it?" Enki nodded. You smiled as happy tears made their way down your cheeks. 'It's over' Happiness bubbled up inside you and you started laughing. Your laughing seemed to be infectious as he soon started chuckling too. After you had calmed down a bit, Enki reached to your face and wiped away the tears. You scooted over and patted the spot next to you and he sat. "So, what's going to happen?" "What do you mean?" you sighed. "Where are you going to work? Where are you going to get your clothes. Where are you going to go? Where are you going to live?" Enki thought for a moment, "I took Samon's former job. But as for the rest, I have yet to figure that out." You both sat in silence for a moment, thinking. Then, after a while, you got an idea. "I have an idea" He turned to you expectantly. "You could..." You stopped mid sentence feeling your cheeks burn red. "I could what?" You took a breath in, trying to calm yourself. 'what if he says no?' 'will he think i'm weird?' 'what if he resents me?' you shook your head, trying to get rid of the thoughts. "You could...live with me" His eyes widened slightly. "What?" "You could live with me" You said a bit less timidly. "I just got into a new apartment. It's way too big for just one person. It has a roomy guest bedroom. You could use it. I just figured that Samon wouldn't want you staying with him just yet and-" "(y/n), your rambling." "oh...sorry" You looked at the floor. Enki put his hand under your chin and carefully turned your face toward him. Then, for some reason, some invisible force pushed you towards Enki. The same force seemed to be acting upon him, as he also leaned in. Your eyes closed as the space between you decreased. His lips were on yours in a sweet, loving kiss. A kiss that lasted all too short in Enki's opinion. You pulled apart with stars in your eyes. He leaned his forehead against yours. Suddenly, he picked you up and placed you on his lap, stomach to stomach, making you wrap your legs around his torso. You let out a surprised yelp. "Enki you scared me!" you said laughing. He chuckled too. After a bit he spoke, "Of coarse I want to stay with you." You released him from the hug. "really" He rolled his eyes, smiling, "Yes, really" You fist-pumped the air with both hands. You fall backwards onto the bed with your legs still around him. He laughed at your childish behavior. "I have to go fill in some paperwork. I'll be back in a second." You sighed but released him from your hold. "Hurry back" He nodded then walked out of the door. You decided to take a nap in the mean time. In no time, you fell asleep despite the excitement of having a roommate.

So that was for the xreader (obviously) The next chapter will be for both readers. The next one should be out by either 7/4 or 7/5. I hope you enjoyed and see you next chapter. So YEET.