Chapter 54

There you were, on the bed. There were so many wires and tubes hooked up to you. You were so pale. You looked so... frail. He walked to the side of your bed and knelt down. Your eyes were closed. He gently took your hand into his. He let out a sad chuckle, remembering you comment about how small your hands look in his. Samon walked up behind him. Silence. Then," What happened? Who did this?" Samon sighed, "It was Liuyang." Enki made a confused face. "(y/n) found out that the man who was controlling you wasn't who he said he was. He was part of a mafia. His real name is Liuyang." Enki let out a simple 'oh' Then, he was angry. "What did that bastard do to her?" He said with a forced calmness. Samon took a step back. "He spiked her water. Qi says that it was some kind of poison." "What kind of poison?" "It isn't one that was made legally. It shut down all of her vital organs. She went into cardiac arrest six times. She's... she's a fighter." Enki nodded. "This...this is because of me." Samon sighed. He walked up to the bed, next to Enki. After a moment, he spoke, "She wouldn't think that." Still holding your hand, Enki looked at his brother, who refused to make eye contact. "How would you know that?" He said quietly. "Because that's just the kind of person she is. She's... selfless. I honestly don't think that she would have minded dying if she freed you." "Why would she do that for someone like me?" "Because, she sees the good in everyone. She just wants to help. She wouldn't hesitate to go through all of this again. She's just..." Samon sighed,"As I understand, she spent quite a bit of time with you, right?" Enki nodded. "She asked me if I wanted anything. She brought me a flower once" "And the picture frame." "...What?" Samon pulled something out and handed it to Enki. It was the picture frame you had given him. {for those who want reader insert} Enki reluctantly let go of your hand and grabbed the picture frame. Now, it had a picture in it. It was just you and him, smiling. Enki smiled as he remembered it. Samon started walking away. Just as he was about to open the door, he stopped. "Oh, and Enki" Enki turned around. "...be careful with her. I'm not going to stop her from interacting with you, so just keep in mind that she trusts you. Don't break it." {for those who want xreader} Enki gently placed your hand down and grabbed it. Now, it had a picture in it. It showed you kissing him on the cheek. He fought back the blood that was rushing toward his cheeks. Shocked, he looked at Samon, who was looking at the ground. "She... she seems to really like you." Enki sat there, slightly shocked," I...um-" "Just be careful with her." Samon said, still looking at the floor. Enki raised an eyebrow in question, "What do you mean?" "We all really care about her, and there's nothing that we can do to keep you two apart." Silence. "Kiji told me about what he saw, you know" "U-umm, that was all her-" "I know. Just... be careful. Please, don't hurt her. Please, make her happy." Enki only nodded. It was the only response he could give. 'did...did Samon just give me his blessing?' he asked himself. {Both start reading now} Samon walked to the door. Just before opening it, he turned around. He looked at his brother gently holding your hand. He chuckled to himself and walked out of the door. Now it was just you and Enki. The machine showcasing your heart-rate beeped steadily. Now he took you in. Your (h/c) hair was slightly matted and your cheeks lacked the life that they usually had. He sighed and squeeze your hand gently. He held your hand close to his chest as he spoke. "Thank you. Thank you so much" He stayed like that for a little while. The door then opened. He released your hand and looked behind him. It was the doctor. He looked slightly scared. Enki sighed, "I'll take my leave." The doctor timidly nodded. Enki walked out. He was greeted with the Warden and Samon. Momoko spoke first, "Follow me." Enki nodded and followed them in silence. They made it to her office and stepped in. The Warden sat at her desk as the two brothers stood side by side. Samon was still looking at the ground. "Enki Gokuu. You were the best of the best here. Now that everything has been resolved, I would like to offer your old position back." Enki looked to his side to see Samon offering up his Supervisor badge. He thought about taking the position back. But then, "No. I think Samon would do just fine" The warden looked up, surprised, "W-what? Wouldn't you want your position back?" Enki smiled a small smile, "I do, Samon has proven himself. He is strong supervisor. And he shall stay that way." Samon looked up, shocked. Enki smiled and pushed the badge back towards Samon. "I'll take the assistant supervisor position." Momoko nodded and handed him the things that she planned to hand to Samon. As Enki was about to walk out, he turned around. "Great job, brother." With that, he walked out. He would start in two days. But, for now, he made his way to your room to stay there. 

(Two hour time skip)
Enki sat there, still holding your hand. He had set the picture frame up on the table next to your bed. He had made up his mind that he would stay until you woke. He was staring at the wall when the machine started to beep slightly faster. He looked at you hopefully. At first, nothing. Then suddenly you squeezed his hand. He payed close attention as your chest started to rise and fall a bit faster. Then, he watched as your eyes started to flutter open. After a few moments, your opened your eyes fully. He watched as you tried to focus on the ceiling. He squeezed your hand. This got your attention as you looked at him. For a few moments, you said nothing. Then, in a strained, hoarse voice, you said, "...Enki?"

So two chapters in one day. Noice. The next one should be out by 7/2 or 7/3. I would like to thank Abbierempe for following me! I hope you enjoyed and see you in the next chapter! So YEET.