Chapter 47

You didn't pick your head up from your hands and said, "come in", thinking it was Samon. You heard the door open and footsteps enter the room. They stopped in front of your desk. After a few seconds of silence, a voice that was definitely not Samon's cut through the air. "(y/n)?" You jerked your head up, only to see you childhood friend, Li Jing. She looked as beautiful as ever. Her black hair was tied up in an elegant bun and her blue eyes were fixated on you. She wore her cloak, which obscured whatever she was wearing beneath. You forced yourself to speak,"Jingy?" She smiled and laughed. You did the same. You jumped up from your desk and tackled her in a hug. You both laughed as you stood there. After you had calmed down, she spoke again, "(y/n), it's been forever" "That it has" Her smile dropped a bit. "Now, about the reason you called me here" You nodded, knowing what you had to discuss. You got up and closed the door, locking it afterwords. You walked to your desk and sat down, preparing yourself and grabbing your notebook.

(Timeskip)

You said "goodbye" as Li Jing walked out and went to her room. You had worked out what she was going to say. You had learned a few more things about Liu Wei and had to add a few things to the case. Other than that, it was done. Every piece of information was there. Every witness knew what they were going to say. Everything was ready. 'The trial starts tomorrow' you thought to yourself. 'I have to get some sleep' The trial started at 8 and it took at least 15 minutes to get there. You would also need some time to get ready, so you would wake up at 7. You glanced at the clock. It read 9:16. 'Okay, time for bed' You walked out of the office taking everything with you just in case. Just as you were about to walk away, Kiji got your attention. "Darling, I have something for you?" You turned around to see Kiji holding a nice looking suit. There was a black, high waisted skirt along with a white button up shirt. There was also a nice black blazer and black shoes with slight heals to match. You smiled, grateful that he had thought of the outfit. You gave a small 'thanks' and took it. "I'll be there at your apartment in the morning to do your makeup." You groaned and Kiji chuckled. "I won't do that much, just a little bit." You gave him an oh-really look. He rolled his eyes, "I promise, just some foundation, concealer, blush, eyeshadow..." You walked away, knowing that no matter what you said, Kiji wouldn't let you go to something this big without a little help from him. After you got back to your apartment, you took a quick bath. Half way through you brushing your hair, there was a knock at the door. You put the brush down and looked out of the peep hole, only to see Kiji standing there with several bags. You rolled your eyes as you opened the door. He came in ranting about how 'gorgeous your house is' and how 'you should have invited him sooner' Tired, you just stood there with half brushed hair. When he noticed this, he dropped the bags and ran to the bathroom to get the brush. After he had brushed your hair, he had decided to put the curlers that he had brought with him in your hair. After about thirty minutes, you were done. "Thanks, Kiji" He smiled, "No problem, now where am I sleeping?" you lead him to the guest bedroom, moving the suitcases you had thrown in there to the side. It was not uncommon for Kiji or someone else to come spend the night. It had happened numerous times before you moved, so it didn't seem that odd. {for x readers} Just as you were about to walk out, Kiji called you. You turned back to see him with a big smirk on his face. "Soooooo, about you and Enki." Your face flushed , "KIIJIIII"  he laughed, "Okay, okay" you sighed to yourself, relieved, "We'll just talk about it later" You scoffed and slammed the door, hearing Kiji fangirl to himself. You rolled your eyes, face still hot.{for reader insert} You said your goodnights and shut the door. {for both} You walked to your bedroom. It was now a little past ten. You climbed into bed, trying to calm yourself. You stuck your hand under your pillow. After a little while, you decided to get the knife Hajime gave you and put it back under your pillow. After you were back in bed, you played with the knife. It was still as sharp as the day he gave it to you, you had made sure of that. After a while, you closed it and put it under your pillow. 'I need to get the rest of the stuff out' remembering that you had put everything else away. That was the last thing you thought before you fell into another dreamless sleep.  

Okay, so it turns out that there was no WiFi where we went, so I couldn't update. Sorry 'bout that. Anyways, I would like to thank Luna_luci3838 for adding my story to their reading list! I would also like to thank everyone for 2k! I didn't expect to get over 100 in the beginning, let alone 2k! I appreciate that you took the time to read, vote, and comment on my story! I honestly didn't expect to get this far. It means a lot! And it's all thanks to you, the readers! Sorry that bit was a little late, it's been a bit busy lately. Anyways, I hope that you enjoyed this chapter! The next one should be out by either 6/18 or 6/19.