Chapter 50

The room was silent as he made his way up. He sat down in the chair. He was one of the people that you didn't want to question. You knew it would hurt for him. But he said he would no matter what. You looked at Enki who was avoiding eye contact with Samon shamefully. You sighed and prepared for what was to come, "Samon, you are the brother of Enki, correct?" "Yes" "You grew up with him "Yes" "That means that you knew him before his meeting with the council." "Yes" You paused for a moment. This was the part you've been dreading. "Please describe Enki before the meeting." He nodded. "He was a caring and devoted brother. His way was gentle and kind and he practiced a much less ruthless fighting style. Before the meeting, he would never do what he did." You saw him clench his jaw. You continued. "Now please, describe his behavior after the meetings" He took in a quiet breath before continuing. "The difference was stark. He was cruel and showed no regard for anyone else but himself. He switched fighting styles and started abusing everyone." He took in another shaky breath, "He even started abusing me" You  closed your eyes for a second then opened them before continuing, "How so?" You said quietly. "He tossed me around. He would always overwork me and h-e" His voice cracked. He spoke with forced calmness. "He called me weak" You knew that a lot of the jury wouldn't know the significance of this, but you hoped his emotion would be enough. "No further questions." You said, walking back to your desk and setting down. Enki resumed holding your hand under the table. It gave you comfort. You felt sick to you stomach as Junjie Ling approached the stand. Samon gave you a reassuring look. You took a breath in, trying to calm yourself. Junjie started. "So, Mr. Gokuu. Ms. (y/n) over here claims that my client was controlling Enki. While it is rather suspicious that he did start acting weird after the meeting with..." You only partially listened. He said some worthless crap that would definitely not hold water. You were focused on the gunman. When he saw that you were looking at him, he got a dim flashlight and shined it in your direction. It then started flashing. 

. . .   . _ _ .   .   . _   _ . _       _ . _ .   . _   . _ .   .   . . _ .   . . _   . _ . .   . _ . .   _ . _ _

After, he put the flashlight down and pointed the gun back at you, training it at your head. It was morse code. He had said, "speak carefully" You shivered. Enki noticed and raised an eyebrow in question. He had the flashlight again. 

_ . .   _ _ _   _ .   _       _   .   . _ . .   . _ . .       _ _ _   . _ .       .   . _ . .   . . .   .

"Don't tell or else."

 He then pointed the gun at Enki. Your heart dropped. You gave a slight nod to him, signifying that you understood that you couldn't tell. He relented and aimed it back at you. You sat gravely in your seat. After Junjie was done with Samon, you could see the tears in his eyes. He refuse to let them fall. As he passed by, you patted him on the back. The judge turned to you. It was your turn to speak. You let go of his hand and stood up. You had picked up on some of the things that Jinjie had said. Something about while you did have proof Lui Wei wasn't at headquarters on those days, there was no record of him being here. You had checked the systems and not found his name anywhere. He had erased it somehow. It just wasn't there. You hadn't given up, though. There were papers that anyone that entered Nanba had to sign. While there was no Lui Wei on record, but there was a Liuyang Gacheru who matched Wei's description. So, you dug a bit. It turns out that Liuyang Gacheru was part of a massive mafia. They were know for their ruthlessness and wit. Liuyang was briefly caught but escaped before his trial. He was charged with the murder of upwards of 13 people. You had to dig more to find a picture. It was a case covered up by the government. They didn't want the people to know about this mafia. While it was a rather large one, they were very secretive. After a while you finally found it. It looked exactly like Lui Wei. Black hair, dark brown eyes. Everything matched. Only one thing was off. There was a tattoo on hi neck. It was a strange one. Something written in an odd language. You found out that it was Latin. In a fancy font, it said, "Frater semper fratrem" which translated to "once a brother always a brother" The motto of the mafia. You had to dig more to find the name of the mafia. Orcus. You looked for hours on end. You went through many documents. After a while, you found it. A connection between Lui Wei and Liuyang Gacheru. Everything else was perfect, besides from the fact that Lui Wei's social security number was stolen. You were able to trace it back and find who it was taken from initially. The original Lui Wei was a younger man. There was not much information about him, but he was offered a position in the counsel. You later found Lui Wei's death certificate. He was murdered. You read up on it and found out that it was another case covered up by the government due to it being a murder made by the Orcus mafia. So that meant that Liuyang Gacheru wasn't even supposed to be part of the counsel. He had to be part of Orcus. The tattoo, the amount of coverage, everything was right. You only had to expose him. If you did, it would be all over. The only thing preventing you from doing so was the gunman. You were the only one who knew about this. If you died, Enki wouldn't be freed. You took a deep breath. "Lets do this" You said to yourself. 

I'M TWO DAYS LATE I'M SORRY LIKE BRO WHAT KIND OF PERSON AM I? Family came over and that crap lasts forever. At least I have one out now. The next one should be out by 6/26 or 6/27 (if i can get my crap together) I would also like to thank Nadia4245 and ten_hyakushiki for adding my story to their reading list! I would also like to thank Deamonbutterflygirl, WarriorGirl226, and IHatePopUps for all of the nice comments! You guys are awesome! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! So YEET.