Chapter 31

(unknown pov)

I stood in the shadows, watching the scene between Enki and that (y/n) girl unfold. She was leaning against the wall right next to my slave's cell. I smirked, knowing what he was going to do to her. He really did a number on her last time. She almost got through to him. I can't be as lazy... monitoring him. I saw him move his hand towards her. I felt my mouth twitch up, ready to see her go down again. He makes a grab for her... my smile fell as he only gently grabbed her hand. Mouthing 'what the' to myself, I watched as she jumped and turned to him. I watched as his face scrunched up. He was trying to fight it. 'I just replaced it, there's no way he could-' my thoughts were cut off as (y/n) moved her hands away. She took his hand in hers and spoke, "What's wrong" I looked to Enki, expecting him to remain stoic. He did the opposite. He smiled. 'What. There is no way he should be able to fight it.' He spoke. "After all that happened... after what I did... you're still worried about me?" I roll my eyes. "Why wouldn't I?" "You don't remember what I did to you?" I smiled as he described what he did to her. The smile was wiped off my face at her response. "Because I know it wasn't you" I froze. 'crap she's smarter than I thought' I crossed my fingers and hoped that Enki would loose the battle of control before he said too much. If he did, I would have to take her out. 'there's no way he could directly mention me or it without falling into it's control' Enki tried to get his hand away from her. He pulled gently and she didn't let go. He tried to warn her that he might hurt her. She didn't relent. Her response made me freeze. "It wasn't me that hurt you. You weren't yourself" I saw Enki struggle as it tried harder to take over. He tried to pull away, but she wouldn't let him. "(y/n) if you don't-" she interrupted him. "Something's controlling you, isn't it?" 'she's going to find out'  Enki fought harder against it. He pulled and she stumbled. She stood her ground though. "That thing that controls you-" she almost fell as he pulled rather sharply. "It fights more to take over when it's mentioned, doesn't it?" His eyes were shut tight. He said her name in a strangled voice. She took in a breath. She spoke. "Liu Wei" A wave of shock ran through me. 'how the (bleep) does she know my name?' I yelled in my head. He lost it. Yanking his hand away from the girl hard, he caused her to fall. She quickly got up. She said something I couldn't make out before running off. 'She knows too much.' I thought grimly to myself. I waited until I heard the 'click' of the door locking back to start moving. I watched as my slave walked to the corner of his cell, sitting with his back to me. I look at my watch. It was still way before lunch. That useless boar (Inori) wouldn't be here for a good while. I glanced down the long hall, making sure no one was coming. I stepped into the light, letting my hood fall. I made my way to the bars of the cell. "come" I said. At the command, Enki stood up and walked to the bars. He stood in front of me. "sit" He sat criss-cross on the floor in front of me. I smiled maniacally. I reached out and played with a tuft of his hair. (not in the cute way) I let out a laugh. I saw his emotionless face falter for a bit. I put a finger under his chin, forcing him to look at me. "Oh, it's no use. It's too strong right now." another flinch. I laughed again. "You really seem to like this (y/n) girl. She's pretty smart, isn't she now?" His face faltered again. I chuckled, pulling my finger back. "Why don't I pay her a little visit?" He managed to overcome it and slam against the bars, anger apparent on his face. "Don't you (bleeping) dare" "Ooooh~ feisty aren't we? Well, that doesn't matter. There's nothing you can do. She's a bit too close for comfort. A little too close to finding out. So, I think I have to pay her a little visit." I said, pulling up my hood and turning around. I took a few steps before turning. "Oh, and Enki." He glared at me. "Thanks for everything!" He yells and bangs against the bars. I cackle as I walk away, stopping at the panel and turning the cameras back on. I walk along silently, formulating a plan.

Okay, so I did get to update. My fren did come over, but I did it anyways. It's a bit shorter than normal, but hopefully it'll do for now. School's almost over, so that means I'll be able to update more often! The next one should be out be either 5/20, 5/21, or 5/22. I hope that you enjoyed this chapter! So YEET.