The realisation

Astrids POV.
Everything was so heavy on top of my chest, making it harder and harder for me to breathe. I was so disoriented, I couldn't see...where was I?...what do i do. Then I heard something...Did I?... No, there it was again. A figure came out of the mist, they were screaming.
"ASTRID."
I immediately knew...It was Hiccup. It was so hard to breathe, I couldn't speak, my mouth was dry. I opened my mouth, but failed to speak, I did so again. This time it worked. He saw me...yes he saw me. He was lifting the debris off of my weak body and I was in so much pain.
"It...it hurts." I exclaimed.
He responded, and he said I had to promise him to stay with him, I tried to promise...I tried, but my eyes became heavy and I was too weak to keep them open, my eyelids closed slow and tight. It took all control from me... I couldn't do... I couldn't do anything.

No POV.
The massive curtain of sawdust exploded in everyone's eyes, forcing them to cover their faces with their arms.
"Hiccup...NOOOO...HICCUP!" Screamed Valka.
With the excruciating pain in her heart she collapsed to her knees and buried her head in her palms.
"I'm... I'm so sorry, Val." Gobber said softly as he knelt down beside her.
Everyone began to mourn, as they had lost their chief...and a friend.

Hiccups POV.
The house was quickly tumbling down just in front of her legs, so used all the energy I had left in me and swung her around me, carrying her. I began to walk even faster, then jog and as the house was on the brink of full destruction I sprinted for the orange fog.
"C,MO-" was my last yell.

No POV.
Valka was huddled to the floor, Gobber was comforting her, until the crowd started to fuss and bustle. Gobber looked up wondering why.
"...Val..." Gobber said with a surprised tone.
She was too hurt to speak, but looked around at the people, her face covered in tears. She then followed everyone's gaze towards the wreck.
"HICCUP!" Valka screamed with painful joy.
There was Hiccup walking out of the cloud with Astrid in his arms. He suddenly fell to the floor, the weakness obvious in his body. He carefully placed Astrid on the grass in front of him, then put his ear to her chest... she wasn't breathing.

Hiccups POV.
I exited the mist and dropped to my knees, but made sure to not hurt Astrid. I listened in for her heart beat, or breathing... Nothing.
"NO, NO ASTRID, WAKE UP, PLEASE...PLEASE." I shook her as I spoke.
I looked and saw my mother run up with Gothi.
"Can you stand, son." My mother said.
I caught on what she meant and gave a short nod, then picked Astrid up. We all began to run to Gothi's healing hut.