Gone

Astrids POV.
I opened my eyes from slumber and saw hiccup laying next to me, his arm was around my waist and his arm was under my head. I slowly took his hand off me and placed it by his side, then I gently slipped out of the bed. I got dressed, cautious not to make a sound and packed a sack full of things I'd need to travel to find Drago and avenge Heather. I packed food, drinks and weapons... I prepared myself for a fight. Knowing Drago he wouldn't give up so easily. I opened the door and slipped out before he woke and anyone else for that matter, I didn't want anyone seeing me. I rushed down to the docks and readied the boat, got on it and set sail... last time we were caught off guard, this time... this time I was ready. The day got brighter and I sat on the deck looking at the sky.

LATER THAT DAY.
I woke from a small nap and yawned as I got up, the sun burnt my tired eyes, it was around late morning or early afternoon. I started to miss Hiccup so I grabbed my bag and rummaged through it looking for the betrothal necklace he gave me on the edge, I searched and threw everything out my bag... I couldn't find it.
"No, no, no, NO!" I screamed.
I threw my bag to the floor in frustration.

Hiccups POV.
I woke up and saw Astrid wasn't there, I sat up and assumed she was already down stairs. I slowly walked down... nothing. I ran around the house... nothing. I ended up back in the living room where I saw a slip of paper lying on the table. I hurriedly walked over to it, it read:

Hiccup,
First of all I wanted to say, I'm sorry, I know you didn't want me to go, but I have to, and before you rush off, don't. You have to stay there, berk needs you. I'm fine, I'll be fine, I'm probably long gone by now, so there is no point in running down to the docks, because most likely you won't even see my boat. This is for Heather, Dagger, the Berkians... you. If I do this Drago won't be able to hurt anyone anymore, I'm sorry you couldn't convince me to stay, but don't worry. I don't know how long I'll be, I don't know where he is or where he'll be, so it could take a while, and maybe... maybe, if I don't come back at all, you know what that means. Tell Gobber I miss him and he's always been there for me and I'm grateful, tell your mom I love her and I miss her everyday, thank her from me for being amazing, tell the gang they're my best friends, I wouldn't know what to do without them. You... I love you always, and forever, you own my heart and are the best thing that's ever happened to me, I'm sorry we couldn't get married before I set off, but it's easier this way, I hate goodbyes... but I guess this is goodbye for now, or... forever.
I love you, always and forever.
Your's faithfully.
Astrid.

A tear dropped down onto the parchment, the water mark spread quickly, opening like a delicate flower. More tears fell as the paper slipped out of my hand, as I opened the door the corner touched the wooden floor and lay itself down like a light feather. The door shut behind me and I ran to my mothers house, tears streamed down my face and flew away in the wind as I ran past all the Berkians. I knocked on the door... nothing. I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I turned around and saw Gobber I front of me.
"So, Hiccup I-." He looked at me and stopped.
"Hiccup? Wh- What's wrong?"
I banged on the door again, looking away from him.
"Where's mom?" I said bluntly.
"Hiccup?" He repeated.
"Mom!" I yelled at the door.
She finally opened the door, I ran through it and hugged her tight, I squeezed her and cried onto her shoulder.
"Wh-." She looked at Gobber.
I looked up.
"She's gone. I woke up this morning and she was gone, she left, to find him and now she might die and I don't even know where she is. I can't do anything!" I yelled in tears.
"Hiccup, I'm sorry."
I stood in her arms and Gobber hugged me as well, they both tried to comfort me, but at this time I couldn't be comforted.