Stories

Happy 500 views! Iris tells young Nora stories about Barry and her growing up.

"There was this one time, when your father did a science experiment in the garage. When I walked in it exploded and got all in my hair. It turned purple!" Iris smiled at her 5 year old.

"Wow! I love purple." Nora giggled.

"Your father was such an extraordinary man. He really only wanted what's best for the people around him. Not himself. He didn't do anything for himself." Iris sighed and played with her wedding ring.

"Did he love me?" Nora asked looking down.

"Oh Nora, he adored you. When you were born he never left your side. He took you everywhere with him so you could see the world. You went to the park all the time, star labs, Ice cream. I swear on my life, that he loves you with everything in him." Iris smiled.

"He was so excited to meet you. He would talk to you every night you were in my stomach. He would tell me all the time that he couldn't wait to meet his little girl. He said he'd teach you how to use your speed. Which we still can even though he's not here." Iris sighed.

"Thanks mommy." Said Nora.

"I really miss him." Nora said.

"Me too. But we're strong. Remember? Here's a fun story." Iris started thinking.

"Your dad was so jealous of me getting a boyfriend that he literally would scare them off when they got to my house. He would threaten them and tell them they're not god enough for me." Iris giggled.

"Was daddy overprotective of you mommy? Because you're his?" Nora fiddled with her fingers.

"Oh yes sweetie. He loved to show me off to people that he knew couldn't have me. Whenever someone would attempt to flirt with us, he'd end up kissing me in front of them. Your dad was bold on some days Nora." Iris played with her wedding ring.

"I can tell. What was your favorite time with daddy?" Nora asked as iris thought it sounded a bit inappropriate.

"Well me and your daddy would always have Friday night movie night at our house when we were kids to this day. We used to find a good movie and watch half and then sleep because we were so tired. We would just talk about everything and nothing at the same time. Boy do I miss those." Iris smiled down.

"Then let's make it our tradition! Every Friday!" Nora clapped.

"That sounds great sweets."
Iris kissed her Daughters head.

"Tell me more!" Nora yelled.

"Well your father has the cutest smile. It's the most perfect thing about him. And those dimples that his smiles brings. Ugh, he was a wonderful man. All my other boyfriends I've had before daddy we're nothing to compare, they didn't think about me 24/7 like your father does. They didn't always see if I was okay after anything. They never really worried about me. But Barry, he treated me like I was his prized possession. I loved it." Iris said getting teary eyed.

"Wow, I hope I have your kind of love mommy." Nora hugged her mom.

"I hope you do too Nora bear." Iris sniffed and hugged her so tight like Barry used to.