Fighting for you

Tony was making fun of you in the gymnasium during class when you weren't there, luckily Barry was there. He gave him a piece of his mind and gets consequences for it. You late find Barry in the boys bathroom.

"Oh yeah Iris with her new blonde high lights, she's just copying my girlfriend, Becky." Tony chuckled to his friends as they were stretching for gym class.

Barry has always been afraid of Tony. Well, everyone is, that's not in his little group of dumbos. But he likes to pick on Barry because he gets good grades and is a nice guy.

High school is never easy, especially for Iris. She's been having problems with herself and she's been changing a lot, and of course, people had things to say.

Iris recently got blonde highlights in her darkish brown hair. People though it looked stupid or bad, but she was trying to express herself through color. Plus, everyone else was doing it and no one said anything to them!

"First she gets laser eye surgery so she doesn't have to wear her nerdy glasses, now changing her hair to look just like all of our girlfriends, that's pathetic." Said tony, thinking Iris did all this to be like everyone else, which she didn't.

"She didn't dye her hair to look like Becky and all your girlfriends." Barry went up to the 6'0 junior and gulped his pride.

"Hmm it's pipsqueak. You gonna tell us that "what we're doing is wrong and for the sake of the school, stop being a bully." Not gonna work this time squirt." Tony patted Barry head even though Barry was 5'11.

"I'm gonna tell you that you're jerks that you think Iris would ever want to be like your slutty girlfriends. She would never act like those balloon brains." Barry said pridefully.

"Oh wow Allen, you really were born to take a beating." Said Tony as him and his friends went up and attacked Barry from the top the bottom the right and the left.

"Stop! Please!" Barry called our trying to to cry in the utter pain he's feeling.

"What too much Allen?" Asked Tony as he laughed and kicked his shins hard.

Tony has 3 other friend with him and they were all beating Barry up.

Someone slapped him upside his head and Barry felt light headed. The other punched his back. The other punched and slapped his arm multiple times as tony bunched him in the gut. And for the end, or as tony would call it "finishing touch" he kneed Barry in the balls.

Barry was seeing spots and fell over in terror. He was trying not to cry or show too much weakness. He asked the teacher to go to the locker room and he never came back to next class.

Iris and Barry had chemistry after he had gym and Iris had health. She knew he didn't like gym and would get an excuse out of it a lot from Joe that he hurt himself, but Iris knew that he didn't get an excuse today form her dad.

After 12:25, 25 minutes after class started, Iris started to worry about where Barry had gone. Did he get stollen? Did he get hurt? Did he go to the wrong class? Barry hood never miss chemistry, he loves chemistry.

She decided to ask for a bathroom pass and walked around the halls to find him. She had been 5 minutes in her search when she walked passed the boys locker room, hearing sobs and sniffles.

She automatically knew those cries. She quickly looked around to see if anyone was there to see a girl go into the guys bathroom and thankfully the coast was clear.

"Barry?" She whispered and tip toed in.

She heard another sob and actually wanted to sob herself hearing her best friend like this.

The only idea that came to her mind was, Tony.
He obviously did something to him.

"Barry?" Iris whispered as she quickly sprinted over to the bench Barry sat on with his knees up to his chest and his head in his knees.

"Iris, w-what are you doing h-here?" Barry asked as he quickly tried to clear his tears and couch out his tears.

"Bare, I heard you from outside. You weren't at chemistry and I was worried about you. I got a pass and came to look for you. And here I am." Iris smiled warming and put her hand on Barry's cheek to look at the bruise.

"Oh, thanks for coming for me." Barry smiled slightly.

"Of course. I love you Bare." Iris kneeled and hugged him closely and ran a hand through his chocolate locks. "I love you too." Barry smiled and sniffles into her yellow shirt.

"Tony Woodward?" Iris asked as she got wet paper towels to clean up a little blood.

"Yeah." Barry nodded sheepishly.

This isn't the first time Barry had gotten in a fight because of Iris.

"What did he say about me this time?" Iris sighed and walked back over.

She carefully took Barry cheek into her hand and gently dabbed the wet cloth on his bloody wound.

"He Said you did you're hair like that because of his girlfriend. And the other guys agreed. I had to stand up for you Iris." Barry sighed.

"Thank you Barry. I love having a protector like you, but if you keep getting hurt like this, you can get in deep trouble." Iris smiled.

"Yeah I know. I just hate when they disrespect my best friend." Berry looked down and wiped a tear away.

"I love you Bare." Iris kissed his cheek and hugged him.

"I don't know what I'd do without you." She smiled.

"You can handle yourself Iris. I'm just here for backup." Barry laughed.

"Thanks." Iris smiled and wiped dirt off his shins from Tony's dirty shoes.

"Do you need ice or anything?" She asked.

"I need my best friend." Barry smiled and took her hands.

"Let's walk home. I'll tell Ms. Dumas." Iris smiled and patted his back.

"I'll meet you in the front." Barry Sighed happily.

"See you there." She nodded and quickly ran out of the boys locker room.

"I love you." Barry whispered to no one as Iris was gone.