Never gone

Nora visits Barry's grave after she comes back to the future.

Nora walked up the the stone that had her fathers name engraved into it. Right next to her grandparents.

I'm loving memory, Barry Allen
Beloved Husband, Father, Friend.
March 14, 1989 - April 24, 2024

She knew it should've read, the flash. Everyone would know then. She couldn't have that. Dad wouldn't have wanted that.

She put the flowers on the grass in front of her. They just happened to be purple iris's. Barry loved those kind of flowers.

She kneeled down and took a deep breath.

"Hi daddy. I haven't said that in a while. It still feels nice to say. I miss you. I saw you in 2018 and 2019 dad. I saw you!" Nora smiled to herself.

"It was so cool. Seeing you with mom. Seeing happy for the first time. It was all so crazy." Nora sighed.

"But then you found out how I got there. I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you. I never wanted to disappoint you. But I did. But then you gave me a second chance. And I forgave you. You forgave me."

"You looked so young. It was so funny. You were still tall, the happiness always showing, the heroism. I missed seeing that." Nora smiled.

"I really miss you dad." Nora let a tear slip. She quickly wiped it away.

"I'll always miss you. When we have family dinner with uncle Cisco and aunt Caitlin and papa joe and mama Cecile and Ralph. We always end up talking about you. When we have game night I always remember when you used to find silly words and make them into scrabble." Nora laughed to herself.

"I also remember whenever we went to one of mom's conferences and there was a big crowd, you'd always put me on your shoulders to see everything. I felt like you." Nora giggled.

"You used to tell me that my giggle was your favorite thing to listen to. You even made a recording of it. And that my smile was the medicine to every malady. Obviously not anymore." Nora sighed and fiddled with her hands.

"Everyday, I wish just to see your smile. I know it sounds cheesy. But, I remember everything about it. I just want to say I love you one more time." Nora smiled to herself.

"But don't worry about me. I am gonna be okay dad. I promise. Day by day. I just can't wait to see you again." Nora said as she started to get up.

"I'll always love you. I'll be back soon dad." Nora said as she kissed his Grave stone.

"Bye dad." She smiled and walked away.