When you were in that coma

Iris talks to Barry while he's in his coma.

Iris silently walks into a dimly lit Star labs. Immediately at the sight of her best friend, she smiled. It was necessarily a happy smile, just a good to be alive smile.

Her heels clanked on the floor and she adjusted her purse around her shoulder. She saw Caitlin in the medbay working on something. She waved and smiled. Caitlin mirrored.

"Hey Caitlin." Iris said walking up to her.

"How are you Iris?" Asked Caitlin completely stopping what she was doing to make sure she was okay.

"I'm doing okay. One day at a time." Iris smiled.

"That's good to hear. He's been pretty normal today, to what I believe he should wake up very soon." Caitlin said relieved.

"That's great." Iris nodded and looked over at Barry's lifeless body.

"When he comes to... are there any side effects?" Iris asked twiddling her hands.

"We're not sure yet. But we will test him when he gets out. Promise." Caitlin nodded.

"Thanks Caitlin." Iris hugged her.

"Of course." Caitlin hugged back.

Iris and Caitlin has gotten very close since the accident, being her only woman friend. She was happy that she was trying to help Barry, but he may just have to wake up on his own.

Iris solemnly walked over to the medical bed stationed in the middle of the cortex. She held her breath not wanting to cry.

She slowly sat down in the seat she sat in everyday. "Hey Bare." Iris smiled and pushed his brown hair off his forehead.

"I really hope you can hear me because I need you to wake up." Iris sighed. "Like the other day, detective pretty boy asked me out. And I actually said yes. You see, I do dumb things when you're not around." Iris's breath hitches.

"And the house is... really quiet without you. And I know the reason you came to live with us was awful. But Barry you made it home again. You made us a family again. We need you. I need you." Iris touched his hand and felt a spark.

She quickly checked to see if he had woken up. He didn't.

"I love you Barry." Iris kissed her cheek and rubbed her hand across it gently.