Bike

Barry teaches Nora how to ride a bike then when he disappears Iris has to teach Don how to ride a bike

2024

"Alright Nora Bear, I'm gonna hold onto you but when you want me to let go, I will." Barry said into her ear.

She had her flash helmet and knee and elbow pads on. She had her brand new pink bike without training wheels.

Iris watched from the side and couldn't help but smile at how adorable her husband was.

"We're right here if you need us baby." Iris said.

"I'm ready!" Nora yelled and put her hands on the grips.

"Okay Nora, 1...2...3...go!" Barry shouted as he helped Nora get a head start.

"Let go, Daddy!" Nora yelled.

"Alright." Barry said as he stood in place watching her like a hawk as she went down the driveway.

"She's so good bare." Iris walked up to him.

"She is. She's a fast learner." Barry smiled over at her.

The smile lasted until they heard a cry. Barry and Iris knee that cry more than anyone. It was their baby.

"Nora?!" Barry yelled as she sped with Iris over to her.

She was on the ground crying with her bike far away from her.

"I'm hurt!" She yelled being a little drama queen.

"Aww what happened sweetie?" Iris sat on the ground with her and held her daughter to scan any wounds.

"I hurt my hand!" She cried.

Barry sat on the ground next to Iris and rocked her in his arms.

"Oh my sweet Nora." Barry kisses her forehead and stroked her hair.
"You'll be okay. Don't worry. You have speed healing remember? You'll be good as new in a hour." Barry held her tightly.

"Okay daddy." Nora wiped her eyes.

"Do you want to try again?" Barry asked picking her up.

"Not right now." She said.

"That's alright sweetheart. Let's take you inside. Maybe have a snack? Your metabolism most be going crazy." Barry said a he held Iris hand going inside.

—————

2028

Iris realized that their 4 year old Don, was the age to learn to ride a bike. She was pregnant with him when Barry went missing.

"Okay Don, just tell me when you want me to let go Okay sweetie?" Iris asked.

"Okay mama." He nodded.

"Okay. Let's goooooo!" She smiled and pushed him off.

"Weeeee!" Yelled don.

"Sweetie, watch out for the bushes!" Iris announced and ran to him.

"I can't stop!" Don yelled.

Crash! Don fell off the bike and Iris ran to him quickly.

"Donny? Are you okay?" Iris asked.

"I'm fine mama." Don sighed looking defeated.

"Do you want to try again?" Iris asked.

"I wish I had daddy. Nora got daddy to teach her how. And I want him." Don cried.

"Oh Donny. Your father loves you. He always will. Same with Nora. He is so proud of you. Ever time you accomplish something, Daddy is cheering for you in heaven. No doubt about it." Iris let a tear slip.

"Thanks mama." Said Don And he hugged her.

"I love you my beautiful boy." Iris cried.

"I love you to mama." Said Don.

"Your daddy would want you to try again. He did with Nora. He will watch over you and protect you, no matter what." Iris picked him up.

"Alright mama." Don smiled.

Barry knee he wouldn't be there to help his son become a man. He knew that he wouldn't have a father figure to help him feel safe and protected. But he knows Iris will show him the way.