CHAPTER 9: AN UNEXPECTED WELCOMING

Luna 1? All Deadlock knew was that it was Cybertron's moon and was the place where mini-cons were born and grew up. Maybe Jetstorm just wanted to go home, but it was logically the best place to get supplies without the fear of a continuous war. At least, that's what he thought.

They had enough energon to fly there, but what if they were wrong and Luna 1 was part of the endless battle, or even worse... it's time had passed and there was nothing left.

Deadlock had no choice...

"Take us to Luna 1," he ordered. Slipstream bowed then turned to the controls.

The mini-cons only bowed for their master, which Deadlock wasn't. His plan was to take the mini-cons somewhere safe. The further away from Cybertron, the better.

Suddenly, he felt a servo tap his leg. He looked down, seeing it was Jetstorm. The mini-con looked frightened. Deadlock understood without explanation.

Shadow Raker...

"Deadlock?" he asked.

"What is it?" the Decepticon replied with a question.

"Does the Master's capture seem... too easy?"

Deadlock knew exactly what he ment. Shadow Raker was violent, intelligent and resourceful. He was sure he could escape prison without a problem. But after he would have nothing, his base would have either been evicted from him by the authorities or it would have been raided by his fellow Decepticons because it was unattended. He had lost his pupil and his slaves, and no doubt his shanix and anything else precious would have been taken. He had nothing.

Yet somehow, he would find a way out...

So he could locate them...

And take them back...

That was never going to happen.

"Perhaps the capture was simple and easy, however Shadow Raker will not touch you, because as soon as we reach Luna 1, we will resupply and go as far away from Cybertron as possible. I promised he would never take you, and I intend to keep it," Deadlock announced. Jetstorm felt reassured, even Slipstream looked away from the window to listen. They both smiled.

Jetstorm was forced to return to radar duty as the alarm sounded. Deadlock rushed to the nearest window but couldn't see anything.

"Are we on a collision course?!" Deadlock asked the mini-con firmly.

"No... We have reached our destination."

The three gazed at the magnificent moon. Much to their surprise, it was still full of life. The one corner of the Cybertronian universe that had not yet been infected by the vicious war.

The mini-cons' optics were wide, it had been a while since they had seen home.

~~~~

They landed in a high populated area, behind a tall skyscraper with their cloak activated so they wouldn't be seen or detected.

They left the ship and Deadlock noticed that the mini-cons had no logo. They were not Autobots or Decepticons.

"Why do they not show an insignia?" Deadlock asked.

"Mini-cons here are aligned with neither the Autobots or Decepticons. In fact, any Decepticon mini-cons who are seen here are known as criminals," Slipstream explained.

Both mini-cons looked at their chassi, they both wore a decepticon logo. Worry grew inside them. Deadlock knelt down and placed a servo on each of their backs

"We will only stay here as long as required. Then we will leave. Is there anywhere we can get some energon?" he asked.

"We could asked," Jetstorm told them.

"But Deadlock cannot, he is a Decepticon, he would only cause panic. We could try but it would be risky," Slipstream argued.

"I am not going out there." Jetstorm cowered behind Deadlock's leg. "You do not know who you can trust."

Jetstorm's behaviour was understandable. He was still affected by Shadow Raker's agonising torture. He was afraid that it would happen again. Slipstream felt pity for his friend and inhaled.

"Okay, Jetstorm. I will go," the red mini-con announced. Jetstorm replied with a gentle smile before he watched his partner approach a femme. He had his servo over his insignia.

"Excuse me, do you know where I can get some energon? Perhaps enough to power a ship?" he asked her, keeping a secure servo on his logo.

"Well there is a warehouse nearby, it holds a lot of energon. But it's off limits to those who don't work there," she replied.

"Your help is appreciated. Thank you,"  Slipstream reversed back to his friends, but as he did, he lifted his servo off of his chassis.

"DECEPTICON!" a mini-con yelled.

All of the mini-cons turned to face him and growled. They grabbed anything they could find and slowly closed in on Slipstream.

"Scrap." All the mini-con could do was raise his servos in surrender.

Jetstorm gasped. He wanted to run out there and help his friend, but it would just make things worse. Deadlock felt the same way.

They were helpless...