4

"My god, Y/N go easy on us."

You grinned at Ji Woo. Despite your exhaustion, you moved easily to the choreography you had been taught. Though only you and Seo Yoon would be performing the choreography that you were learning for promotions, your whole group was made to learn it.

Ji Woo mopped her forehead with the sweatband around her wrist. The others were scattered around the room, trying to regain energy before starting the practice again. Soo Jin had collapsed in a corner, desperately trying to catch her breath, still managing to throw you disgusted looks. You had gone almost five months without interacting much with Soo Jin, but it couldn't be avoided now that you were learning the same choreography together.

Though there was still plenty of time before your debut, Big Hit had decided to record a video of you and Seo Yoon, the dance line, and release it as a tiny teaser. You had been told that there would be several such teasers throughout your training period to give your fans something to be excited about.

Fans. We have fans already. This is so exciting!

Your instructor clapped his hands loudly and everyone groaned, unwilling to get up and continue dancing. You and Seo Yoon made your way to your positions, the other assembling behind you.

"One last time and you're all free to go, alright? Start on my count. 5..6..7..8..!"

The instructor hit a button and the music blared from the speakers. The beat felt like it was resounding in your very soul, and you glided easily to the beat. You caught yourself in the mirror and smiled. You had improved a lot. The choreography ended quickly. It was only a two minute piece. The music ended and Seo Yoon sighed with relief.

Ji Woo promptly collapsed spreadeagled on the ground, breathing heavily.

"How do you both even do this so well? It's not fair!" 

You laughed, crouching next to her with some water.

"Here, get up and have a sip."

As Ji Woo gulped down the water, you heard a soft knock. You turned to see Jiyeon. She stepped in, clipboard in hand.

"We've finalized the positions. Seo Yoon, you're the lead vocalist and lead dancer. Jae Hwa, you're the lead rapper. Y/N, you're the main dancer and a vocalist. Soo Jin, you're the main vocalist. Ji Woo, you're the main rapper. We're sill figuring out visuals, but it'll most likely be Jae Hwa and Soo Jin. Ji Woo will probably end up being the face of the group. We still haven't decided a leader. In a few months we'll have all of you take lyric writing and music producing lessons and whoever's the best at it will be given those roles. You're now going to be given more personalized schedules so that you can polish off what you're really good at. Those who aren't good at dance will have to train extra hours to get it right. Your schedules are with Miyoung. Good luck!"

You nudge Ji Woo, grinning.

"So... face of the group, huh? Everyone's going to be knowing us as Ji Woo's group."

Ji Woo grinned, tossing her now long, blonde hair.

"I mean I suppose I am the most charismatic of you all. Hey, but isn't this exciting? In a few months we're going to meeting actual idols!"

You grinned back.

"I know!! I really hope we get to meet BTS. J-Hope is like my god and it would be so cool if I could practice with him."

Ji Woo nodded.

"I know what you're saying. I'd like Suga to tell me how the hell he raps so fast."

"Yeah and I need Jimin to tell me how to sing like an angel please."

As you and Ji Woo squealed over the possibility of meeting your all time role models, Miyoung stepped into the room, clutching a bundle of papers.