35

"Jiiiiiii Wooooooo, pleaaaaaaseeee?"

Ji Woo rolled her eyes and got up for the 17th time, thinking of more places to hide. How Jungkook managed to find all her hiding spots within a minute, she had no idea. The boy was persistent, and she couldn't deny that his puppy eyed expression was immensely adorable, and she could feel it chipping away at her resolution to stay focused on Yoongi's collaboration.

"Oppa, please stop annoying me."

Jungkook pouted, making Ji Woo want to reach over and squeeze him.

"But you're not agreeing to pair up with me, and I don't have a partner."

Ji Woo rolled her eyes.

"Ask someone else then. I'm sure they'll be ecstatic to pair up with you."

"But I don't want to pair up with them, I want to pair up with youuuu."

Ji Woo scoffed.

"Why though?"

Jungkook blinked.

"What do you mean why? Because I think you're cool. And I think we could do something really cool. We're also both maknaes, so I thought that would make it cooler."

Ji Woo laughed.

"Ask me when you have a better vocabulary than 'cool'."

-----------------------------

Soo Jin stole glances at Taehyung, her heart sinking. He was happy now, without her, laughing and smiling with you instead. Soo Jin wasn't an idiot. She understood the way you looked at him. She looked at him the same way.

Soo Jin turned, startled by the sound of someone clearing their throat. Jeon Jungkook. He looked down at her, his expression soft. He sat down next to her, nodding at Taehyung.

"You still like him."

Soo Jin allowed a sweet smile to spread across her face, resting her hand on his arm in a way that she hoped was flirtatious.

"Of course not, oppa. My heart belongs to you and you only."

Jungkook laughed, shaking his head.

"I see the way you look at him. It's how Hobi-hyung looks at-"

Jungkook cut himself off, chuckling nervously.

"Never mind that."

Soo Jin raised an eyebrow.

"The way Hoseok-oppa looks at who?"

Jungkook shrugged.

"Can't say. But you still like Taehyung, don't change the topic."

She shrugged, looking down at her hands.

"I guess."

Jungkook frowned.

"Then why? Why do you throw yourself at me repeatedly when you know I'm not going to reciprocate?"

Soo Jin raised an eyebrow.

"Wow, oppa, big words."

Jungkook scowled, motioning for her to answer him.

"Because it's what my mother wants. You're the golden member of the group, the most talented, the most wanted by fans. And my mother wants me to have nothing but the best."

Jungkook's expression hardened.

"I'm not an object to have. I suppose your mother was behind that twitter message about your breakup?"