37

You closed the door to the roof, one hand firmly gripping Taehyung's hand. You sighed in relief and dragged the unwilling boy behind you towards the elevators. As you approached the elevators, Taehyung pulled his arm out of your grasp, heading instead towards the stairs. You frowned.

"Where are you going?"

Taehyung merely shrugged before disappearing down the stairs. You were unsure on whether to chase after him or not. You could only guess why he chose to use the stairs instead of taking the elevator with you. Instead, you chose to call Jimin. Taehyung relied on Jimin a lot to talk about things that were troubling him, since they were the same age and could understand each other well. You hoped that Jimin could raise Taehyung's spirits.

Jimin picked up almost immediately, concern lacing his voice.

"How's Tae-tae?"

"He decided to take the staircase instead of the elevator with me so I don't think I'm the right person to be with him right now. Can you find him and talk to him? I think he'd prefer talking to you."

"Of course, I'll run up all the stairs in the building if I have to."

You smiled slightly, finding it endearing how much the boys cared for each other.

"You know, you might have to. We were on the roof until now and just got down so he's still probably on the top floors."

"Got it, thanks."

You lowered your phone as the line disconnected. The elevator doors opened with a ding and you pressed your floor number.

-----------------------------

Taehyung sat alone again in an empty studio. He munched into his hamburger. He never thought the day would come when a hamburger failed to make him happy. Hamburgers were somewhat his comfort food. He loved a freshly made, hot hamburger. The hamburger he was eating, however was neither of those two things. He had ordered in the hamburger a few hours ago and it had been sitting in his bag, uneaten until he found the time to eat lunch.

Taehyung pulled out a notebook, and flipped through all the scrapped songs he had written. He had always wanted to write songs for the rest of the members, but Hoseok, Namjoon and Yoongi already did a brilliant job at it, and they deserved to have their songs displayed to the world. Taehyung felt that his songs lacked a personal aspect to them.

But finally, he had something that he desperately wanted to write about and he had been itching to write it ever since Soo Jin's accident had happened. But since then, he had been incredibly busy filming for Hwarang. Now that he finally had the time and everybody was leaving him alone, he could finally focus on writing.

I've been hiding it
I tell you something
Just to leave it buried
Now I can't endure it anymore
Why couldn't I say it then
I have been hurting anyway

Really I won't be able to endure it
Now cry
It's only that I'm very sorry towards you
Again, cry
Because I couldn't protect you

Deeper, deeper, the wound just gets deeper
Like pieces of broken glass that I can't reverse
Deeper, it's just the heart that hurts every day
(You) who was punished in my stead,
You who were only delicate and fragile

Stop crying, tell me something
Try saying to me, who had no courage
Why did you do that to me then
I'm sorry
Forget it, what right do I have
To tell you to do this, or that

Deeper, deeper, the wound just gets deeper
Like pieces of broken glass that I can't reverse
Deeper, it's just the heart that hurts every day
(You) who was punished in my stead,
You who were only delicate and fragile