15

Taehyung shifted, slightly uncomfortable. He looked out at the rest of his group members.

"You guys have probably heard, but I'm dating Soo Jin. And I'd like to keep it a secret because she might get hate comments and I don't want that. So please, please don't mention it to anyone."

Rap Monster clapped him on the back, grinning.

"Of course, Tae-tae. We'll keep it a secret until you tell us otherwise."

Yoongi gave Taehyung a wide smile, while Jin pretended to wipe tears from his eyes. However, to Taehyung's dismay, Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook didn't seem overly happy.

"Jungkookie? What's wrong?"

Jungkook shrugged and shook his head.

"Are you completely oblivious, hyung? To how Y/N feels about all this?"

Taehyung shook his head.

"I asked Soo Jin, and she assured me that Y/N is completely okay. She told me that Y/N acts weird occasionally just for attention. I warned her that she wouldn't get as much recognition as some of her other group members, but I don't think she's learned how to deal with it yet."

Hoseok growled.

"Ya, you've spent a lot of time with her. Do you really think she's that kind of person? Soo Jin could be lying, you know?"

Taehyung's jaw clenched.

"Soo Jin has no reason to lie to me. I trust her."

"Tae-tae, I know you really care about Soo Jin, but-"

"You too Jimin?"

Taehyung scowled at the three.

"I don't get why you don't like Soo Jin. She's wonderful. She's so kind and gentle, it feels like a dream. I couldn't be happier. So why do you insist on supporting Y/N?"

Jimin pursed his lips, his brow creasing into a frown.

"Because, Tae, Y/N likes you."

---------------------------

"...so please don't reveal it anywhere until Tae and I are comfortable with doing so."

You stared at Soo Jin, disgust flooding your emotions. If she wasn't your group member, your restraint at not doing anything to ruin her would've crumbled long ago. You desperately didn't want to sink to her level, but what she had done had hurt you so much that it was incredibly difficult for you to not do anything about it.

You quietly left while Jae Hwa and Seo Yoon congratulated her. Ji Woo followed you out of the room, concerned.

"Unnie? What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to go practice alone for a while. Call me if our trainers call us to practice together."

Without waiting for Ji Woo's reply, you set off towards the dance practice rooms.

---------------------------

Jimin was alone in his room, using his phone when he heard a knock. He frowned. Usually, his group members just walked into each others rooms unless the doors were locked. For someone to actually knock was unusual. Jimin rose to open the door, revealing a very confused Taehyung.

"Tae? What's up?"

Taehyung vaguely gestured to the room.

"Can I come in?"

Jimin stepped aside, letting Taehyung in. He shut the door behind them, following Tae deeper inside the room.

"What do you need?"