Chapter 17

After her meeting with the chairman of the Music department, Roseanne went home right away. She met with the chairman to ask permission for a week-long leave of absence. And she was glad that she was granted permission.

She already asked her colleague beforehand to take over her classes while she’s away. She also informed her professors about her absence from class and promised to catch up on the lessons she’s going to miss.

When she informed her family about her wish to take a short vacation in Daegu to spend some time with her grandmother, they all questioned her intention. But she eventually convinced them, excluding her brother who was still doubtful of her.

Then she told her best friends about her plan to spend a few days out of town. Like her brother, they were not convinced of the reason for her sudden getaway. But they relented after she promised to talk to them when she gets back.

As for Chanyeol, she didn’t talk to him yet. She didn’t even meet him after the incident. She just texted him that she’ll be taking a short vacation without telling him the details of her trip. Contrast to his behavior a few days ago, he did not ask a lot of questions and only wished her well.

She was about to start the car engine when she heard her phone ring. She took it from her bag and sighed when she saw her brother’s name flashing on the screen.

“What now?” She exclaimed before taking the call. Before her brother can say anything, she blurted out. “Oppa, like I said just a few minutes ago, your car will be fine. I will take care of it.” She scoffed before adding, “And don’t mind me, YOUR LITTLE SISTER, who will be driving by herself for the first time in years. I will be fine. Daegu is just a 3-hour drive anyway, your car will be fine.” She said sarcastically.

“Chaeng, if you’re going to say it like that it will only make me more worried about you. Should I come with you instead? I will just . . .”

“Oppa.” She interrupted. “I will be fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course, I was just teasing you.” She chuckled.

“You should have just taken the plane, you know. It will be exhausting for you to drive by yourself for three hours.”

“If eomma didn’t ask me to bring everything inside the fridge, I wouldn’t have to bring a car.”

“If you only eat like a normal woman, eomma wouldn’t ask you to bring a lot of food. She’s just worried you’ll exhaust halmeoni in cooking for you.”

“Hey! I can cook just fine.”

“Oh, really.”

“Yes, really. Now I have to go. And don’t you worry about your car, I will return it without even a single scratch.”

“I don’t mind that. Just come back without a single scratch yourself.”

“Of course!”

“Take care Chaeng.”

“Thanks, Oppa.”

“Make sure to return my car in the same condition as you got it.” He joked.

“Then you let me have a car of my own so I don’t have to borrow from you anymore.”

“That’s still a no, Chaeyoung. Especially after what I heard from Jungkook and you refusing to tell me what happened.”

“That friend of yours is such a rat.” She groaned. “Now I really have to go so that I’ll reach Daegu before it gets dark.”

“Alright. Be safe.”