Chapter 31

Author's Note

Hi. I'm so sorry for this late update. I've been really busy. I hope I can make it up to you with this chapter.

But first, let me thank those who just added this story to their reading list and those who voted and left comments for the previous chapters. Please keep on supporting this story. Thank you everyone! 😍😘

Now you may proceed. Sorry for the delay. 🙏

Enjoy!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It was Jimin’s birthday. They were celebrating his birthday in their house with some of his friends and colleagues. Roseanne’s best friends, Jisoo, Jennie and Lisa, were also there too. She initially did not want them there because she knew the real reason why they came. Aside from celebrating Jimin’s birthday, their real motive was to see how Roseanne and Taehyung will act around each other. Jisoo and Lisa already found out about her and Taehyung’s secret relationship.

As she thought, Jennie was really good at keeping secrets. It was actually her fault that Jisoo learned about her being in a relationship with Taehyung. And it was through Jisoo that Lisa learned about her secret.

I was having dinner with Jisoo and her new husband, Jinyoung. As they promised to treat me to dinner after they came from their honeymoon, I did not hesitate to agree when I got Jisoo’s text earlier in the day.

I informed Taehyung about it and I was glad that he understood. We were supposed to eat out that night to celebrate his successful business proposal at work. But he offered to celebrate it some other time. He knew how excited I’ve been to meet Jisoo from her honeymoon.

“We really had so much fun Chae. I swear. The place was so beautiful and the hotel staffs were so kind and attentive with our every request.” Jisoo shared.

“I’m glad to hear that, Unnie.” I answered before shifting my gaze to Jinyoung. “Oppa, make sure to take care of my unnie here. Or . . . Never mind. You don’t want to know what us, girls, can do to you if you act otherwise.”

Jinyoung chuckled at her statement. “I never thought I’d hear such a threat from the mouth of Roseanne Park.”

I giggled. “I’m usually sweet. But only to some extent. Especially when it concerns my girls.” I answered, referring to my three best friends.

“Don’t worry . . .” He started to say before putting his arm around Jisoo’s shoulders and pulling her close to him. “I love this girl right here. I’d do anything to keep her from shedding unhappy tears. If I ever make her cry, I’ll make sure they will only be tears of joy and not anything else.”

“Now I’m cringing.” I exclaimed. “I’m happy for you two. I pray for you to have a long and happy marriage.”

“Aw! Thank you Chae.”

“Thanks Roseanne. By the way, I hope you don’t mind. But I actually invited my cousin here, Han Seokyeom. I heard that you met each other during our wedding.”

Before I can respond, a man already approached our table.

“Hi.” He greeted me first before he turned towards Jinyoung. “Thanks for inviting me over Hyung. Hi Jisoo-noona. Is that the effect of being on honeymoon? You are glowing.”

“You are always smooth with your words Seokyeom. Now take a seat.” Jisoo answered.

The rest of the dinner went well. Except that I noticed how Jinyoung-oppa seemed to be pairing me with his cousin the whole time. It was fine. He did not do it to the extent where I get uncomfortable because of it.  But when Seokyeom offered to give me a ride to my apartment, I blurted that my boyfriend is already waiting for me outside. Because Taehyung actually was.