Chapter 36

Roseanne was about to meet Lisa to go Christmas shopping together. They have been both excited about it that they set the date a couple of weeks ago.

But truthfully, Roseanne would have backed out. She had been feeling down lately since it’s been almost a week that she and Taehyung haven’t talked to each other. The last time they talked was that night Taehyung walked out on her from her apartment.

If only Lisa did not sound too excited when she called her this morning to remind her about their plan, Roseanne would have preferred to stay at home.

So here she was, looking for her best friend at the entrance of the mall.

“Chaengie!!” Lisa excitedly called Roseanne from behind.

Roseanne turned to see Lisa in her oversized shirt tucked in her jeans.

She grimaced, “Is that Jungkook’s?”

“Yup!” Lisa beamed in response.

Roseanne heaved a sigh. Now she’s missing Taehyung more than ever.

Oblivious to Roseanne’s dampened mood, Lisa grabbed Roseanne’s arm. “Let’s go!”

For some time, Roseanne allowed herself to get distracted from her quarrel with Taehyung by enjoying Lisa’s company. They visited almost all the shops in that establishment. Both girls did not stop until they completed all of their shopping list. So by the time they were done shopping, Roseanne and Lisa already drained off their energy.

They were looking for a place to eat when Roseanne suggested for them to have their dinner at her apartment. She noticed that most of the restaurants were filled with couples and she was not liking it.

In fact, she was already in the verge of tears upon seeing all the happy couples around her. Even Lisa was not helping when she excused herself every time Jungkook called her. While Roseanne’s phone had been miserably silent the whole time.

… … … … …

Roseanne and Lisa were in the middle of eating their dinner when Lisa excused herself once again. Jungkook called her for the umpteenth time that day.

Am I just being jealous here? Or is Jungkook really trying to get on my nerves? He called Lisa for like . . . more than ten times the whole time we were together today. Why didn’t he just come along if that’s the case? Argh!

Lisa had a big smile on her face when she came back from talking with Jungkook over the phone. But her smile immediately faded away upon seeing Roseanne’s miserable state. Roseanne was silently sobbing as she covered her face with her hands.

“Chae, what’s wrong?” Lisa worriedly asked her best friend.

Roseanne did not answer. She only kept on crying. So Lisa moved closer to wrap her arms around Roseanne’s shoulders.

“Chaeng . . . talk to me. Please.” Lisa pleaded.

With her tear-drenched face, Roseanne slowly lifted her head up to face Lisa.

“T-Taehyung.” Roseanne whispered.

“Taehyung? Why? What happened?”

Roseanne told Lisa everything that happened between her and Taehyung.

“So I understand that Taehyung got jealous over Chanyeol. But what I don’t understand is why Chanyeol is acting that way. He shouldn’t be doing that anymore. Especially since he was the one who hurt you before.”

Roseanne gulped.

“Actually, I . . .” Roseanne started to say before she hesitated.

Lisa responded with a sincere smile, “If you’re not yet ready to talk about it . . .”