Chapter 37

When Roseanne woke up in the morning, she was greeted by Taehyung's sleeping form. She was completely surprised that she's having a hard time believing the scene before her.

Am I still dreaming?

She pinched her own cheeks.

"Ouch! That hurt." She shrieked. "So that means . . . this is real."

She reached out to caress Taehyung's cheeks.

"But how . . ." She looked around before continuing. "And where is Lisa?"

She was about to get up when she was pulled back to the bed. Taehyung's arms, which she did not realize were wrapped around her waist, tightened its hold on her. She fell right into his chest with her face buried into it.

She slowly looked up to see that he still had his eyes closed but a faint smile was evident on his face. And as she studied his face for a minute longer, she felt the longing that she felt for him these past few days. It made her tear up.

The moment she sniffed the tears she was trying not to shed, he fluttered his eyes open.

"Rosie . . . what's wrong?"

Unable to hold it any longer, she let herself cry as she answered. "N-nothing."

"But you're crying!" He exclaimed while wiping her tears with his bare hands.

"I'm just . . . glad to see you. I missed you, you know."

"I missed you more."

Her eyes widened at his answer. "I wonder why it seemed like I heard you say that before, like recently."

He smiled. "Maybe because you did hear me say that a while ago."

"Really? When?"

"It doesn't matter."

She pouted. "If you say so. Though I have to ask, how come you're here? Where's Lisa?"

He cleared his throat before answering. "She's with Jungkook."

"Then how did you . . ."

"It doesn't matter now, does it? I'm already here."

She paused to think and was about to answer when he kissed her on the lips.

She backed away and covered her mouth. "I just woke up."

"Me too. But you taste the same." He answered with a flirtatious wink her way.

She grinned in response. Then she wrapped her arms around him and made herself comfortable as they cuddled.

"Tae?" She called.

"Hmm?"

"About last time . . ."

"Let's talk later. I promise. I missed you so much. I don't want to ruin this wonderful atmosphere."

She giggled. "You are right. I don't want to ruin it too."

They stayed in that position for a while until they heard the alarm on Roseanne's phone.

"Ugh! I don't want to get up yet." She groaned.

He chuckled. "Same for me. But we have jobs to take care of."

She snapped her head at him. "Can't we just skip work?"

His eyes rounded at her suggestion. "You want to skip work?"

She only nodded her head in response.

"Why?" He asked.

She readily answered, "I want to be with you."