Chapter 20

The room was filled with uncomfortable silence afterwards. Jimin was tongue tied at Taehyung's blunt answer while Roseanne was contemplating whether it's already time for her to open her eyes or not. While Taehyung belatedly realized what he did.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Taehyung sighed in relief.

I'll forever be grateful to whoever that person may be. Just in time before Jimin murders me.

A doctor got inside the room.

"Good evening! I'm Dr. Jung Jinho. I am Ms. Park's attending physician."

Jimin stood up. "Good evening Doctor. I am her brother, Park Jimin."

"Has Ms. Park woken up already?"

"Not yet."

"Oh! Okay. That's fine. A good rest is the key to her fast recovery."

Then the doctor went to check the dextrose attached to Roseanne's forearm. He was about to walk away before his eyes lingered at Roseanne for a few seconds. Then he smiled briefly and excused himself.

When Taehyung noticed it, it did not sit well with him.

Did that doctor just smile at Roseanne? Ugh! Next time he comes back, I'll make sure to wipe that smile off of his face. Let me take back being grateful of him, ever.

Roseanne groaned, unable to hold her act any longer. Then she fluttered her eyes open.

In no time, Jimin and Taehyung were already standing beside Roseanne's bed. Jimin looked daggers at Taehyung when the latter stood near the headboard opposite him.

"Chaeng." Jimin softly called his sister.

"Oppa!" She called while sitting up.

"What happened to you?"

"Uh . . ." She started to answer before she looked away and faced Taehyung instead. "Taehyung-oppa!"

She widened her eyes when she saw a cut on the corner of Taehyung's upper lips.

"Oppa, what happened to that?" She asked while trying to touch Taehyung's face.

Taehyung took a step back. "It's nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Because it looks like you got punched in the face."

"How would you know that?"

"Well, my brother here is such a hothead. Whenever he thinks some guy is disrespecting me, he makes a ruckus out of it and it usually ends messily. Then I end up treating his cuts and bruises."

"Why do you make it sound so bad? I was just protecting you." Jimin interjected.

Roseanne turned back to Jimin. "I know. But I told you to learn to fight first before you try to rescue me. Because you end up more injured and you know how much I don't like the sight of blood."

"I never asked you to take care of me."

The corner of her mouth quirked up. "If I don't volunteer, you'd guilt-trip me about it. I clearly have no choice."

"Yah! Park Chaeyoung, how dare you talk to your brother like that?"

She grinned in response. "Peace yow!"

He gritted his teeth.

"Now. Don't think that you can get away by changing the topic, young lady."