Episode 40

"Bakit hindi ka sinundo ni Mr.Right?" she asked out of nowhere while topping her fingers on the keypad of her cellphone. I glanced quickly at her.

"malamang na-late na naman siya nang gising" Sagot ko. I'm sure tama ang hinala ko. Tsk. Tsk. Ano na naman kaya ang pinagkakaabalahan niya.

I suddenly noticed that bhext's eye brows were almost touching. I wonder kung ano na naman ang problema ng babaeng 'to. Hay naku!

As we were about to reach the main gate of the campus, my lips voluntarily quirked up into a smile. I even bit it just to supress this uncontrollable grin in my face. He was leaning on his motorcycle, arms crossed on his chest, head's down as if examining something on the ground. He's with his motorcycle kasi nagmadali siyang makarating sa school. Late nga nagising.

Saglit akong napatigil sa paglalakad and grabbed the chance to admire the view. Napansin ko ring napatigil si bhext at binigyan ako ng tingin at ang taong tinitingnan ko. Maya maya pa ay nag-angat na siya ng tingin dahilan para mabaling ang mga mata niya sa akin.

His lips parted but then formed a wide infectious grin. Umayos siya ng tayo at nagsimulang maglakad patungo sa kung nasaan ako. His eyes never left mine.

He immediately wrapped his one arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him - giving me a soft and sincere good-morning-kiss.

"Good morning, girlfriend-ko" he breathes, looking down at me.

"good morning" sagot ko naman habang nakangiti pa rin. His arm was still on my waist.

Bhext faked a cough kaya naman marahan ko na siyang itinulak. She was cocking her brow on us before rolling her eye-balls and turn on her heel. Nagkatinginan naman kami ni Mike at sabay na nagkibit balikat. May tampuhan siguro sila ng boyfriend niya.

"nasaan si Cedrick?" bigla niyang tanong kay Mike na nakapulupot pa rin ang kaliwang braso sa bewang ko. Naglalakad na ulit kami, nauuna si bhext.

"Hindi ko alam. Bakit? hindi ba kayo nagkikita?

"magtatanong ba ako kung alam ko" sarkastikong sagot naman ni bhext. Ngumiti nalang ako kay Mike as if saying na pagpasensyahan nalang si bhext. He just gave me a reassuring smile and gently placed a peck on my lips. I smiled, looking up at him.

We continued on our walks, bhext looking worried while us, not minding those disgusting glares and murmurings from his ever-so-active-and-we-hate-his-girlfriend fans club. Infact, mas hinapit niya pa ako sa tabi niya habang patuloy ang pagsabi ng mga corny pick up lines niya. I can't stop from smiling while listening to him.

My life has really changed. Kahit mga simpleng bagay lang sa buhay ko nagbago na talaga. My life has not the same simula ng dumating siya. I feel more alive, happy, very happy. Noon, sila Xander, Juvs at bhext lang ang palagi kong kasama . Simula sa pagpasok sa school hanggang sa paguwi. Kung minsan nga, ako lang magisa. Kung iisipin, parang ang lungkot pala talaga ng buhay ko noon, me living on my own though I have my friends but still iba pa rin when you have someone who truly cares for you. Someone who looks after you. Someone who really wants to be with you, whenever and wherever. Someone who adores you, who is so proud of you, who always supports you. Someone who never get tired on reminding and making you feel like you're the most beautiful girl in the world, even when you are still in your pajamas. Someone who undresses your conscience, who makes love to your thoughts. Someone who helps you slowly take down all the walls that you built just to protect your heart. Someone who knows all your flaws yet loves you unconditionally...and Someone who will make you forget all the tears that you cried and convinced you to try again.

He slightly pinched my side pulling me out from my reverie. I glanced up at him and he was cocking his brow, looking down at me. I gently shook my head and pinched his nose. He then encircled his other arm on my waist and put his lips on mine.Napangiti ako as I felt he's smiling too.