1- If I See You...

"You always gain by giving love."
                                         -Reese Witherspoon

[Tzuyu's POV]

Whenever I'm feeling down and depressed, I look out the window. Just the feeling of staring at people as they walk the sidewalks of the city, always seemed to relax me. You can call it weird, but to me, it took my mind off of much. It took my mind off of how strict things were at home versus my life within the next few months. Knowing that I'll be away from all the pain I'd been holding in and the tears that have been held back. Knowing that I can one day release myself and be out there, on my own. The knowledge of all this, gave me my sanity that I've been trying to control.

"You need to eat something."

That voiced belonged to one of my beloved friends, Su-Wei. I've known her since grade seven, when I had gotten sick and thrown up in class. The teacher sent her to run me down to the nurse's office where I'd lie down and wait for her to phone my parents. Even with the children overly disgusted with me that day, Su-Wei never looked down upon me. And for that I'd be ever so thankful.

"You ordered a bagel with fruit, but refuse to eat it," said Su-Wei, while opening another container with cream cheese. "In fact, that actually looks good..."

Watching her eye my plate, I slide it over to her. I decided I didn't have an appetite that day. Mainly due to the one thing on my mind. And before I knew it...

"I'm leaving Taiwan."

That's when Su-Wei looked at my wide eyed while still holding onto her bagel. I'd be lying to say I wasn't just as shocked as her, but saying that aloud made me realize that I should finalize my plan. It was something I had longed of doing.

"Why? What? How? When? Where? Are you-" Before I could let her finish, I instinctively covered her mouth from her ascending voice. I could tell she was just as shocked as I was when I finally bought the plane ticket after a long period of hesitation or self-doubt.

"I can't be here anymore. If I stay here, things will only get worse for me," I sighed, rethinking everything that has happened to me within the past eighteen years.

I continued, "I'm heading for Korea, tonight. And..." I gave her a meaningful look, in which made her face soften. "I need your help."

I slowly eased my hand off of her mouth, paying close attention to her reaction. Su-Wei only removed her gaze from mine and I could see her eyes turn glossy.

"So that means you won't ever come back? Is this the last time I see you?" I heard her voice crack at the last sentence, almost as if she was forcing herself not to cry.

I instinctively held her hand in mine, looking at her intently. She was like my younger sister, who I wanted to protect as always, but it still saddened me to see her that way.

"I'll come back..." I said in thought, "when the time is right, I promise to see you first."

A tear silently dropped from her eye as she faced me. I gave her a reassuring squeeze, letting her know that it'll be okay. I'll be okay...

"Okay. I'll help you under one condition. You must call me everyday no matter the time difference," she warned, while flashing me a soft smile.

My heart lightened up. Although I hated to say goodbye to someone who always treated me good, someone who was so meaningful to my life; I had to do this.

"Thank you. And I promise to buy you a delicious meal once I get-"

"This kid!" She teased while playfully nudging my shoulder. "What time do you leave?"

I pulled up my flight information on my phone, showing her exactly that. At 11:45, my life here in Taiwan will be nonexistent, except for the good memories of my friends and I.

At 11:45, my new journey to South Korea begins.

"Flight attendants and cabin crew, please prepare for our gate departure."

This was it! The moment I had waited for for eighteen years was it. The very moment was very sad yet precious. Precious, because I could finally feel my chest lighten up from all the hidden pain within. Sad, because I would leave behind the most precious people in my life.

I had only one bag filled with a few changes of clothes, a pair of shoes excluding the ones I had on me, and my identification along with some cash that should last me until I start working.

As I had seen the plane go onto the runway, I realized something. This time I would look out the window with no burden on my shoulders.

I had a new beginning ahead...

___

Thank you so much for reading the first chapter. Much more to come as I continue this.

This is a Taehyung and Tzuyu fanfic for you all, wondering!

Have a nice day and ride a bike!

-A.L.