39- Love from Afar

[Taehyung's POV]

Is happiness a crime for me for me? I would imagine so. I wanted a life for myself that was too far from my reach and the girl I loved the most could never be mine. These feelings felt good, but it was also painful as well. Imagine loving someone that can make you reach nirvana, but that person has someone else in their heart- someone that's not you.

Even when she cried, she was beautiful. Although she was beautiful, she also has a pure and kind heart- which is what I admired the most. Her being here with me, even though I had pushed her away- was when I realized how much I like her.

"I'm sorry," she said when she reached for her ringing phone inside her purse. She checked the caller ID and on the screen was a picture of Mingyu. She looked at me and the back at her phone, seeming as if she was unsure whether to answer it on not.

"It's okay! I'll still be here!" I said, trying to crack into a smile. Although I said this with a smile, I was very much annoyed at him calling her. I know I don't have the right to be upset but when that's her boyfriend, but it irked me and I couldn't help it.

She gently smiled at me and got herself up from the seat. "This won't take me long. I'll step into the hallway for a minute!" I watched as she answered the phone and placed it by her ear. Once she stepped inside the hall, closing the door behind her; my heart finally settled down. It's crazy that only seeing her and hearing the sound of her voice, can make my heart race so fast. I wonder how come I never felt this way before?

When I met her, I was a bit skeptical at first since I'm not a person that falls easily into someone's charm. Just how Jisoo was easily charmed by Minhyuk, who was just a wolf in sheep's clothing. However, when I met Tzuyu, it seemed as if I forgot what I had promised myself. I wasn't afraid to cry in front of her or be weak in front of her. I could the real Kim Taehyung, instead of the persona that I use around others.

Once she came back in, I felt my heart pick up speed. Remember Kim Taehyung, act normal!

"Who was that?" I asked, playing innocent. Of course I knew who it was, but I couldn't help to be curious of what he needed.

"Mingyu," she replied, but she quickly added, "but it wasn't important." She leaned back in her chair and closed her eyes. I caught myself admiring her side profile and wondered how someone could be this beautiful. I pinched myself thinking those things. She was happy with someone else and right now, I could never give her that happiness. My life was already screwed up and I would never want to pass on my own problems to her.

"You should go home now," I suggested. "You've been here with me all day and it's getting late soon."

Her eyes fluttered open and she frowned her eyebrows, "I don't have any problem sleeping here then." She took off her jacket and folded it up, sticking it behind her head to use as a pillow. Again, why was she so stubborn?

"If this is your excuse of trying to get rid of me, it won't work!" she said with her eyes still closed. "May I ask you a question?" she said, while positioning herself towards me.

"Sure, anything!"

Tzuyu sighed and looked off into the distance. This must have been a pretty upsetting question if she looked uneasy. "Why do you hide things from me?" I was taken aback because of her sudden accusation. "I mean, I don't want to scold you, but you seem secretive nowadays. There's something wrong and you're not telling me. I'm your friend, aren't I?"

"Is this about me ignoring you? Because I-"

"I knew you were ignoring me purposely, but my question is coming from earlier. You more off than usual, and today you even cried," she stayed. Her eyes softened up, "Like you told me from before: 'never bottle up your emotions'."