22- Sorry

[Tzuyu's POV]

     Three days had passed and it's an entire month I had been here. That meant a month without my parents and I had been relieved. That meant I had nothing to fear! Su-Wei hadn't updated me on anything regarding them since nothing caught her suspicion.

I was scrolling through my phone when I had been interrupted by Nayeon, once again. It was the umpteenth time she had reminded me to get dressed. Tonight would be the celebratory party of Momo's boyfriend, for his years in the entertainment industry.

That meant I was nervous since I suspected that celebrities would be there. Luckily, Heechul was nice enough to send us an invite. I also had no idea that Momo was a choreographer for well known Kpop groups, and owned her own studio.

Aside from Momo; Mina and Jimin had worked as professional contemporary dancers and would want to have their own company one day. In differences between them and I, I had no idea on what I had a passion for, but in the meantime I would focus on helping Mrs. Han. Truth was, I had found it enjoyable to manage things whenever given a task, but as I stated before, I had no idea in what I was passionate in.

"You're not wearing the dress I chose?!" she asked, frowning when she saw that I was still in my bathrobe.

I had seen the dress and I thought it was too much. It was an off the shoulder black velvet dress, stopping a little above my knee. I had figured it was too cold to wear it since it was pretty much winter.

"It's so perfect to in this season," I said, sarcastically while holding the dress in examination.

Nayeon pouted while folding her arms. "You don't like it? I mean, you don't have to wear it but we'll be inside all night where it's warmer."

I sighed looking at the dress. It was very beautiful and extremely elegant, and I believed I looked good in it. All the girls had told me how the dress compliments me. Between Nayeon's puppy eyes and my indecisiveness, I decided to get Sana to settle the matter.

"Honestly, this is more of a dresses and slacks event since Heechul is a bit over the top when it comes to these things," said Sana, eyeing the dress. "The material also seems warm and not to mention you'll look great!"

I looked at the dress and back at them. I guess I made a choice then.

     Once we were at the party, we had made to sure greet Heechul first, thanking him for the invitation. He looked liked a celebrity, but also was very kind and welcoming. Although he had met the girls before, he was pleased see me as a new friend of Momo's. Seeing them together brought a smile to my face unconsciously. It would be nice to be a couple like them one day.

An hour has passed and I had been with a few of the girls. Occasionally Momo would swing by from talking with a few other guests. Right now, I was by myself near the kitchen tasting the grilled meat the chef was preparing. I would've ate before coming, but I had forgotten.

"Is it good?"

I was startled when I had heard a man's voice from behind. I quickly put the meat down onto the plate and wiped my mouth. Had I been eating too messily? I had been too focused on food that I disregarded the people around me. I wonder how long he's been there. I had turned around and bowed to the man. He was in much older, probably in his mid forties. I bowed to him in respect and moved over if he wanted to get grilled meat.