43- The Liar and His Lover

"And one day, your name didn't make me smile anymore."
-Anonymous

[Taehyung's POV]

There was one day that I hated, specifically today. Today I was gathered at a table full of people whom I was not fond of. The first person on that list was Jennie, who made my stomach curl and churn. I hated the whole idea of marrying her. I hated it before, but I despise it more now. I was tired of smiling at people when I wanted to show my scowl. I was not happy. Not even close!

I peered at the ring on her finger. It was beautiful and expensive, but that was it. There was no special meaning behind it. When I asked her for her hand in marriage, it was scripted. Usually when two people become engaged, they celebrate and express their love. For us, it was only for show. I'm not even sure if Jennie loved me as much as she did before. All the smiles were for others, not for us.

"We were considering the wedding to be held at one of my friend's estates in Incheon," said Jennie's mother. "But we are still considering other venues that are the theme of your wedding."

"Theme?" I asked, trying to maintain my focus. Jennie held my hand in hers and rubbed her thumb over the back of hand. "Sweetie, the theme has to be something exquisite. Our wedding should be something out of a fairytale."

"Right," I said. I had little interest in this and by far, I could sense that Jennie was annoyed with my attitude. If not, then she was too engrossed by the wedding planning.

"Of course before we start the planning of the ceremony, we need to plan the engagement ceremony. There's a lot that has to happen before you two officially wed, which leaves us to this." Jennie's mother pulled out two tickets and slid them over to us. "Song-hee and I will plan for everything. In the meantime, you two can enjoy your all-expense paid trip to Taipei for two weeks."

I exchanged looks with Jennie. She was elated, but I was upset. I didn't want to go on a trip to have quality time with her. It would just be her forcing me into doing what she wants or her complaining the whole time about petty stuff.

"Consider this a congratulatory gift! I hope you two can spend some time together, but save the child-making till after marriage," said her mother, giving us a mischievous smile. It was disturbing to think about now since I had no desire to even sleep with her. In fact, I would pray that the hotel had some two rooms available. It would be even better if the trip had gotten cancelled.

"Thank you! Tae and I will definitely use this time to relax and enjoy some time for ourselves for once. No distractions should be in the way," she said. I rolled my eyes and decided to go along with what she said.

"Thank you, but you really didn't have to," I said, faking a pleasant smile. Inside, I was fuming and screaming the words 'why' and 'crap', repeatedly. I had been pretty desperate to avoid Jennie, and this engagement made it impossible these last few days.

She smiled at us and shook her head. "No, this is a trip that you both deserve. I hope you make many happy memories along the way!"

I wish I was a dead man right now. There were no happy memories if they were spent with Jennie.

"This whole situation sucks, hyung!" I ranted to Bogum. I was pacing back and forth in his living room, with my hand on my head. I swear I can feel a migraine coming any minute now.