26- Surprise

[Tzuyu's POV]

I had a big problem and it was huge! The limited edition LEGO set I had planned to purchase- gone! I had been storming around the shops, mad, that someone had bought what I wanted. Who would do such a thing?!

"Let's see..." said Dahyun, who had offered to come with me. "What's your plan B?" she asked, as she followed where I had been heading.

As soon as I passed by it, a bell went off in my head. "A camera!" I exclaimed, smiling at my idea.

Dahyun stopped her tracks. "Camera?! That's a big gift!" she examined me, feeling my forehead. "Are you okay?" she asked. "Let's not make a purchase that will hurt out pockets!"

"I'm fine, unnie!" I swatted her hands away and headed inside the store, making her follow me inside. "Besides I heard he's into photography these days."

I browsed at the cameras, making sure to consider the one he would like. Taehyung is into photography and film from what Jimin had told me. I heard that he even went to the university and took a film and photography program, to pursue his interest, however he stopped. I hoped buying him a profession camera could help him get back into his interest. Not only that, but he could capture important moments that are meaningful to him. His party could be his first picture!

"This one!" I said, stopping in front of the one that I had admired the most.

The man pointed to the one I had my eyes on. "This one right here has a 12- megapixel sensor and has a full frame reflective lens with nine focus points...," the man continued to speak about the features of the camera. "Most professional photographers use it. Are you into photography?"

I cracked him a smile. "No, it's for a good friend of mine."

The man smiled widely, stealing glances at both the camera and I. "Then he must be a hell of a good friend." He broke into another smile, after seeing me flustered. "I'll ring this up for you!" He took the camera from and went behind the counter.

Dahyun wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "You have such a good soul. And he's also getting a picnic?!" Dahyun nudged me teasingly. "I'm starting to wonder if you like him."

My face went red when she said that. "He's only a good friend, nothing more," I said, sternly. I had feelings for Mingyu, and I would see him tomorrow, which is all that mattered. This had been a gift for a friend, and he needed his day to be memorable since no one remembered the last time he celebrated.

Once I had paid, my pockets did hurt a little, however, I didn't regret it. In fact, I was ecstatic to see his reaction when I would give it to him. The comment that Dahyun made had bothered me. I wondered if the gift had been too much, and if this made it seem like I liked him, romantically. The picnic was also enough, but I would do the same for any of them. Besides, I had gotten Sana the shoes she had been eyeing, last time we went to the mall.

"Hey, I'm sorry if my comment put you off," said Dahyun, catching up to my side. She linked her arm with mine as we continued walking side by side.

"It's fine! I was just taken aback," I said.

She bit her lip before continuing to speak. "I don't think anyone's given him this big of a gift, not even Jennie. I think he'll appreciate it more because you have good intentions."

I smiled at her comment. If he would smile seeing this, then it was worth it!

     The next day, I had woken up to my phone vibrating. I was too tired from shopping yesterday that I had a big urge to fall back to sleep for at least another 15 minutes. I checked my phone to see a text from Mingyu.