15- Mix of Emotions...

[Tzuyu's POV]

Once Seohyun had showed me the ropes; I began to think this job would be a cake walk. I would eventually start soon once Mrs. Han would notify me. Until then, for a short remainder of the day; I had been invited out for brunch with Mrs. Han, Seohyun, and a few other coworkers in order to "learn my team" more.

"I'd have to say Tzuyu, I am impressed with how such a fast learner you are!" gawks Mrs. Han, stirring her iced tea with her straw.

"Thank you!" I bowed my head, earning a chuckle from Mrs. Han, herself.

Mrs. Han sighed while looking longingly into the distance. "I wish more young people like you had ambition..." She looked me in my eyes, "any nice young man who catches your eye, will certainly have a good wife."

I thanked her once again for her compliments. She was too nice to me and treated me with kindness. A part of me even wished she was my mother, even though I am grateful for the one I have no matter how cruel she could be.

"So, what is your impression of Korea so far?" asked Seohyun, picking at her caesar salad. "Have you been able to do some sightseeing?"

I guess I have been doing some sightseeing lately, but never long enough to enjoy them. I had been to so many parties lately that I haven't had the proper time to explore. "I get around when I get the chance..."

Seohyun nodded her head in thought. "Every year, we gather together at Busan to celebrate the birth of the company. You should come one day when you have the chance!"

I smiled politely. I was extremely appreciative that I was invited to come along. This job should be a cakewalk! Once I save enough money, I'll be able to live on my own. It's always been a goal of mine along with getting into school again. Although I have some idea of what I want to go to school for, I'm still searching for my lifelong commitment.

"Great! I promise you'll love it!" says Mrs. Han.

I was reading my book when I suddenly got interrupted Sana, swinging the door open with a surprised look on her face. She stood there acting super giddy, which made me question if I missed out on something.

"I had no idea you were interested in Mingyu!" exclaims Sana, while throwing herself beside me on the bed. She stretches out her arms and legs, sighing dramatically. "I now know what it's like to feel old..."

I roll my eyes jokingly as Sana pouted and crossed her arms. "I'm happy for you, but you never told me you were going on a date."

At this point I was still uncomfortable with the term "date" since that's what this wasn't. I don't even think Mingyu saw it as one. It was just two people hanging out as new friends. Nothing other than that!

"I wouldn't say 'date.' It's not really a big deal," I reassure.

Sana eyed me suspiciously causing me to look back in confusion. "I really don't have time to date. I haven't even been here for a full month and-"

"-And I think you should forget that rule. I don't know too much about you, but I know that you should not take life so seriously all the time. It's okay to have fun, especially while you're young."

"Now you sound like my friend," I stated, thinking of Su-Wei. She really didn't differentiate too much from her aside, personality wise.

Sana smiled widely as she nodded her head in approval. "Then your friend clearly knows their stuff!"' Sana let out a heartwarming laugh. She pulled herself up and sat beside me, taking a section of my hair and twirling it.