12- Bittersweet

[Taehyung's POV]

What I did do to deserve this? She hates me and we've only met three or four times. The stupidity that comes out my mouth every time I-...But that dress made me do it! Would I be a man if I didn't check her out? All guys would do the same, which is something that sat on the back of my mind for some strange reason. I don't like her in that way, but she is attractive. Attractive enough that I somehow catch my eyes wondering over to her, which is how I seen her and Mingyu talking and laughing over on the other side of the room.

"Taehyung? You listening?" asked Jungkook, frowning in disappointment because I was missing out on whatever he was saying. My attention adverted on him again as he gave me ridiculous smile. "You seem to be out of it today. Is there someone on your mind?"

Jin raised his brow in confusion. "You broke up with Jennie that fast? How come?"

Before I could explain, Jungkook broke in explaining what happened a few days ago which led Jennie simply ignoring me until I confess my love for her. Which I think is ridiculous since we've never had a problem with our whatever you call it, before!

"You shouldn't play with girls' hearts. I believe you knew that someday that she would ask you about your feelings. I hope you know everyone can see what's fake and real," said Jin while giving me a stern look.

I threw my hands into surrender. "Woah! If you think I don't feel bad, then you're wrong. Thanks guys, but can we move onto something else, for instance, what about you?" I said looking directly at Jin while shamelessly grinning.

He looked taken aback for a moment before tilting his head in confusion.

"You and Nayeon?"

Jungkook and Hoseok both exchanged looks and then turned towards hyung, who was still a bit shocked. "Why are you suddenly changing the topic? Is it because you are afraid to admit that you're wrong?"

I nudged Jin's shoulder playfully, giving him my famous smirk. Truth be told, I've never seen him so defensive when it came towards his love life. I may have been blinded by my own problems, but I've seen Jin when it came towards girls. He usually is the one to not mind being around girls or complain about how single he is, but I've seen how close he is with Nayeon and I do think he does have feelings whether he admits it or not.

"Why are you putting the topic back on me? I'm just curious to when you'll ask Nayeon out?" I sneered.

"You two would look good together and not to mention, you both have similar personalities," said Hoseok while glancing between Nayeon and Jin.

Jungkook gave Jin a pat on his back before gulping down his drink. "If you like her, go for it, hyung!"

Jin's face reddened up as he had seen us give him goofy smiles. "You guys should stop assuming things! Besides, she's made it clear that she's not looking for a boyfriend."

"That's what all girls say when they're single, and-" Jungkook raised his eyebrows in shock, "that's the first time I've heard our worldwide handsome be insecure." He swung his arm around Jin's neck while a smile formed along his face. "Wow! She must mean a lot to you!"

Jin swatted Jungkook from off of him, while beginning to argue about how we shouldn't pester him anymore about his love life. Although I've had a laugh or two from him just going off on us dramatically, I couldn't help but notice something from the corner of my eye. Just a moment ago, Tzuyu was sobbing upstairs and now she's laughing with Mingyu. At least she's alright, but something didn't settle with the way she treated me versus him.

With him, she seems to be happy. With me, she seems to be irritated and impatiently waiting for me to leave. Was I too much of a bother for her? Although the thought is still upsetting, I tried to regain attention of the conversation I was in, but instantly got interrupted by someone.

"Hey! Can I talk to you for a sec?" said Jennie.

I looked between the guys and Jennie, giving them a doubtful look. I already knew what this would be about, but maybe it would be nice to have this argument over with for good.

"Umm... sure..." I said hesitantly. She led me out the back door where a few people already had been out. She led us toward a secluded area where the house was still in sight with a few cars driving down the road.

"What is it?"

Jennie sighed in defeat while bowing her head in silence. The silence lingered around us for a few seconds before she turned back up and met my eyes. Her eyes were the slightest shade of glossy, and she looked as if she was on the verge of breaking down any moment.

"Am I-I n-not good enough for you? Do you l-love s-someone else?" It was noticeable that her voice was cracking up. I could tell she was trying to hold back her flowing tears.

Even though I still couldn't bring myself to say those three words, I did have a soft spot for her. A overwhelming feeling of guilt flooded my entire body seeing her break down in front of me.

"Jennie...I-" and before I could even say what I was about to say, she kissed me. Before I had time to react to the kiss, she pulled away and looked directly into my eyes.

"Because I love you."

Let me know how you like the story. Comment your opinions 🥰