14- Euphoria

[Tzuyu's POV]

I was sitting in confusion in the room. I was still wrapped up in my fleece blanket while rethinking of all the current events in my head. I was so emotionally exhausted from all of them, that I started to feel an aching pain which throbbed the sides of my head. I've been missing out on sleep these past few days, making me feel physically tired. If being a social butterfly came with so much complications and exhaustion, then I rather be a caterpillar all wrapped up in its cocoon.

Just as I was heading toward the bathroom to wash up, I heard my phone ring from on the floor. Excitement sparked throughout my body knowing that it was from Su-Wei when I checked the caller ID. Ever since I had left Taiwan, I hadn't had the chance to check up on her. Knowing Su-Wei, she'd understand and fully comprehend to why I couldn't call her sooner.

"Su-Wei!" I said onto the line, while flopping down on the bed. My attention was fully on her since I had been anticipating her call. I was almost close to tears when I heard her voice.

"Tzuyu! I've missed you so much! It's gotten so lonely nowadays, but I'm happy to hear your voice!"

I smiled to myself while listening to her complain about how she has nobody to eat with now at our favorite cafe and how she misses us walking together to the pond, which is where we would have our deep discussions and heartfelt conversations. I've also reminisced about those times too where we both could be carefree. Thinking back to all of our times together had felt so nostalgic.

"How has Korea been treating you these past few weeks? Don't leave out any important details!"

I laughed at her persistence. "So much has been happening. But, I've met some really nice people here who welcomed me very warmly here. And I'll be starting out my new job soon, which reminds me that my orientation is tomorrow." I took a small glance towards the calendar which proved I was correct. It was tomorrow around 2 o'clock.

"I'm so proud for you! As much as I hate to admit, Korea seemed to be the wisest decision for you and I hope you continue doing well as always. Now..." says Su-Wei, and I could tell we were getting somewhere in the conversation that I didn't want to go near. "Are Korean guys cute? And please tell me that you're at least interested in someone!"

I sighed heavily. When will Su-Wei ever learn that I have no time for relationships and I've barely had time for friendships if it included going to parties all the time and staying out till late. "I've met some decent looking people here and there, but I honestly have no interest in dating at the moment. I barely have enough cash to buy groceries!" I exclaimed.

Su-Wei sighed, and I could tell she was on the fence of disagreeing with me. "Tzuyu, you have a life for a reason and that's to live it," she sighs again, "And I've thought you bought enough cash with you when you left?!"

"I could bring the money I've saved up, but I was too much in a rush to wait longer. Besides, I couldn't bring my credit cards since they could easily be traced to where I'm located since they installed a tracker." I heaved a sigh while I remembered all my lonely times as a child. Most of the time, I don't ever remember my mother or father spending time with me unless it was to portray to their friends of how a loving family we are. Nonetheless, it was all for show.

"Speaking of which, that day after you left, I've gotten a visit from your mom. She apparently thought you were with me and suggested I was lying to her about your whereabouts, but no worries. I told her I had no clue you went missing," said Su-Wei.

I sat there with my mouth pursed closed. I am apologetic do Su-Wei because I'm dragging her into my mess. She didn't deserve any of this, but I am grateful that she has an eye for me. After all, I'm surprised my parents went to search for me since usually they wouldn't bother to care, but I doubt they care anymore since they never called me. I can't help but not deny the fact that I am a bit paranoid when it comes to them finding me. It has been a frequent thought that comes in my head, causing me to loose sleep. I couldn't even think of any good reason they'd try and find me for.