20- His Revelation

* WARNING: This chapter contains scenes that may be unsuitable for some viewers. Scenes will be talking about abuse and abusive sexual behavior.

"Tears come from the heart not from the brain."
                              -Leonardo da Vinci

[ Tzuyu's POV]

I watched Nayeon go in the back to recollect herself, along with Sana. My heart broke in pieces watching her struggle to regain her breathing. I could hear Nayeon's sobbing calm down while Sana reassured her.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Taehyung stare blankly at the ceiling. His expression was unreadable, but I could tell that he wasn't fond of this Minhyuk guy. I guess I stared too long since I didn't notice when his eyes locked on mine.

His stare was intense, so intense that it could make my knees weak. His concentration on me vanished when Sana and Nayeon came back. I pulled my eyes from him and rushed towards her, pulling her into a embrace.

I could feel Nayeon's warmth, as her head was buried in my neck. Although I have known them for almost a month, I have considered all my unnies as family to me. They're precious and I hated to see them upset. I could see some tears threatening to fall from her eyes, but she quickly wiped them away.

"What's wrong?" I asked. My concern had been through the roof and I wanted an explanation on what happened.

Sana and Dahyun exchanged looks, both looking unsure if they could answer that. I bit my lip and frowned, but I knew I could not do that since I respected their decision to tell me or not.

Sana broke the silence, "Where exactly did you see him?" she asked, ignoring my previous question.

"I had seen him in a gas station not too long ago. He was-"

Dahyun interrupted, "And are you positive it was him? It could be a look alike?!" Her eyes were hopeful, but the concern and panic was still obvious.

He sighed and rubbed his temple. "I know that bastard when I see him," he scoffed, "I can't believe he's out from prison. After all he's done and what he did to Nayeon and Jisoo and..." his voice cracked and trailed off, and I could see his tears threatening to roll on his cheek.

I don't know why, but I felt the urge to console him. No matter the feelings in the past toward him, I hated to see him like this as well. I locked eyes with him. His eyes were full of anger and sadness.

"-Now look! We clearly have our own problems. We don't need some new girl that just suddenly appears from nowhere to-"

Sana cut him off, "I get that you're angry. We all are hurt, but Tzuyu has nothing to do with this. Let's not take it out on her."

My heart dropped as he continued. "All of a sudden she shows up and you trust her? SHE'S A STRANGER!" His words were harsh, and stabbed into me like daggers.

His words replayed in my head. No matter how much I tried to convince myself that was a lie, he had a valid point. I couldn't stand them defending me when it was true. And I pitied myself for believing a lie. I was still a stranger to them and whatever had happened, he seemed full of anger and frustration.