2- I Want to Help

"There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs."
                                                                 -anonymous

[Tzuyu's POV]

     It never felt good to be jet lagged, but this is a whole new feeling. Everything seemed different, from the air to the people. Everything seemed newer, in a good way. Being free and on my own left me with this butterfly effect on my stomach. Instead of nervous and uneasy, I felt alive and excited.

That is until I bumped in to someone...

"Oh my! I'm very sorry."

The voice belonged to the woman who was picking up my bag from the floor. Once she handed it to me, I couldn't help but study her facial features.

"Oh, it's...uh...okay?" I tried my best speaking the language as clearly as I could, whilst keeping my calm demeanor. From all my old lessons in Korean, I thought I would be better from what I could remember.

The woman scrutinized me from head to toe before cracking a smile. "Let me guess...you're a foreigner?" She asked while lifting her eyebrow.

I bit my lip in though trying to process what she said. If I was going to live in Korea, I needed a better understanding of the language. Right now, I only knew some basic skills with some parts here and there.

Before I could reply, the woman held out her hand for me, expecting me to shake it, which I did politely. "I'm Sana, and don't worry! I'm actually Japanese," she said, while giving me a bright smile. I watched her give me an expectant look but instead I replied, "I'm a Chou Tzuyu. A Chou Tzuyu."

Sana giggled a bit before calming herself down and giving me a soft smile. "I have some Korean friends of mine that helped me better my skills. They could be willing help you."

Before I could think of a simple reply, I let Sana grab my wrist and whisk me away from the airport. Luckily I only bought one bag with me!

When Sana started hauling a cab, I was updating Su-Wei on my landing since she gave me a whole speech on not forgetting her once I blend in with South Korean culture.

Out the corner of my eye, I watched as Sana worked her way over to me, giving me a exasperated sigh. "Did you have a long flight too?" She asked, while leaning on the wall beside me. Her blonde hair swept to her shoulder as she fixed her hair in a messy pigtail.

"It only took around 5 hours. What about you?"

"I just got back from Japan. I visited my family along with my other friend, who extended her trip for two more days," she said, while playing with the keychain on her bag.

She glanced at me while giving me a huge smile, leaving me in confusion until she finally spoke up. "Are you visiting Korea for the first time?"

I nodded and bit my lip in thought. Not because I somewhat understood what she said, but because it kind of true; only the part about being in Korea for the first time.

"I decided I will live in Korea. I just-"

"Which part of Korea?"