42- I'm a Selfish Man

Part 2 of A Faithful Man
.
.
.
"Life is made up of many partings welded together."
                                                 -Charles Dickens

[Taehyung's POV]

     If I had a nickel for every time I ran away from home, I'd be a millionaire. If I had a dime for every time I felt disappointment in my parents, I think I would be richer than Bill Gates.

I knew running away wouldn't solve anything nor make me forget, but I needed to clear my mind. I didn't care if I had to walk 100 miles at this point. I just needed to get away and I needed to get away as far as possible- at least for tonight.

My legs surprisingly took me far. Now I was in the middle of the city without a cell phone, car, or money. I looked like some crazed man to others since I had made a seat on the ground and was smiling to myself as I took in the sight around me. It was always beautiful at this kind of night. I admired the lights from the stores that were still open and were about to close, or high scale apartments in the area. Seoul was an amazing city to live in and one day maybe I could even open up an art/photography gallery of my own. Even if I don't, it would be nice to run a business of my own- something I have a passion of doing.

I had no idea where I was and it would be too dangerous to even sleep here, but I didn't care. I proceeded to pick myself up and walk wherever my legs took me.

The more I started walking, the more familiarized I became with the place. It was my old high school in front of me. Before and after school, I would always go to Jisoo's Park- which I called it since she would always spend her time there. During the middle of my second year in high school, is when I stopped going. During the beginning of my third year of my high school career is when I discovered Han River.

That was my place of happiness- where I wouldn't have to worry about anything. Right now, a part of me didn't feel that way anymore. Going there would only make me cry since I would be alone with the waves of the water muting my cries. Right now, I wanted someone to comfort me. The first person that came into mind was Tzuyu. With the pending proposal I had to make for Jennie with the orders of her father and my emotional state, I don't think I could be alone right now.

So being the stupid person I am, I began to walk over there despite it being late at night. I understand it can be seen as creepy for knocking on someone's door close to midnight, but as of now I couldn't care. My selfishness was taking over and even though I tried to convince myself to turn back around, it was to no avail.

I'm not sure if it was the medication that made me feel more loopier than usual, but I never felt this way about someone. She was intoxicating and no matter how much I tried to get her from my mind, I couldn't. So, when I was now standing in front of her door, my mind raced with all these thoughts. I'm pretty sure that I looked like an idiot just standing there waiting and talking to myself. I wasn't even sure till now if this was a good idea, but it was too late when I had unselfconsciously knocked on the door.

"You know what Kim Taehyung, you're an idiot! You shouldn't have come here," I scolded myself. In that moment was when I planned to run before I was caught, but I had spoke too soon. The door opened to reveal Nayeon in her pajamas with a groggy look on her face. When she saw me she immediately looked a bit annoyed.

"Taehyung?! What the hell are you doing here? Do you know what time it is? Aren't you suppose to be at your parent's house?"

I placed my finger over my mouth, expecting her to get the hint that she was too loud. "Is Tzuyu still awake?" I asked in a form of a whisper.