6- A Guide to Spoiling Yourself: Yes or Yes?

"Who needs love when there's a thing called shopping."

[Tzuyu's POV]

     I was still chewing on eggs, when Nayeon casually bought up my wardrobe at breakfast. Not that it mattered, but I almost forgot to swallow my eggs once she started.

"I'm not trying to pick on Tzuyu, but it's almost been a week since she's been here."

Sana rolled her eyes dramatically while reaching over for another muffin. "Today is the perfect day for shopping now that you mention it."

We all decided to have breakfast around at the table. It was Sana's idea who decided to wake up early and cook. So while everyone was here, I couldn't help but look over to Mina, who was sitting down quietly from across me.

"Shopping sounds nice. We could go down to the center today and pick up a few nice pieces," said Nayeon, focusing her attention on me.

I shrugged, while a necessary thought popped into my mind. I had little money left regarding the few I spent on the decorations. With the amount of cash in my wallet, I needed a job.

"How about job hunting? Shopping can wait..." I said while picking my eggs with my fork.

"We can do both!" Nayeon exclaimed, "I know a good place willing to hire at the moment. My mom is good friends with the manager, and I can put in a good word for you."

"What's the position of the job?" asked Dahyun, picking apart her muffin.

"I think it's a modeling gig for this magazine that advertises clothes and perfume, but either or, she has the body for it," says Nayeon nonchalantly, while stuffing a piece of fruit into her mouth.

I almost choked now. Out of every job offer, I could possibly be offered a modeling career, not that I don't mind it. I was a bit uncomfortable changing into attire for people to pictures of me, and have me pose a certain way to stand out or be appealing toward the buyers. But that only was a portion of my main problem.

"How big is this company? Is this published internationally too?" I asked, still composing my calm demeanor.

"It's quite small, but it is well known around South Korea. Why?"

"Only asking."

After cleaning up; Nayeon, Dahyun, and I headed to the shopping center. Sana had plans at the local animal shelter with her boyfriend, while Mina decided to stay home and do 'house chores.'

The air was a little warmer today, which surprised me about how quickly the weather could change here.

"You should try this on," said Nayeon, holding a pale blue and white knit sweater.

"You don't have to do this, I can just-"

Nayeon folded her arms while giving me staid look, "I obviously know that I don't have to, but I'm your friend." She handed me the shirt before pushing me along the dressing rooms.

Although I was reluctant to accept, I finally caved in. I only hated the thought of everyone doing something nice for me, even though I didn't feel worthy of it. It left a bitter taste in my mouth that I really wanted to drown in water. Why did they have to be so giving and nice to me?