33- This Kind of Hurt

[Tzuyu's POV]

This week was a busy week already. I was backstage with some of the models when Mrs. Han approached me with a smile on her face.

"Everyone looks good," she said, admiring all the models. Today we had rehearsal for five hours and then the event would start tomorrow. So far, I had been in charge for making sure everyone had what they needed. It wasn't a hard job, but there was a lot of errands to run. There were other agencies here so we had to share practice time.

"Where's Hana?" asked Mrs. Han, as she finger counted the number of models in the wait room.

"She complained she wasn't feeling too well, so she might be in the bathroom," said Haewon, who also modeled for our company. "I don't think she'll be in the condition to join us!" she added, looking worried.

Mrs. Han sighed as she rubbed her temples. "We're down a model now..." she said.

The room grew quiet and Hana came back. Her face was pale and I could tell she didn't feel well.

"Why don't you take some rest, Hana," suggested Mrs. Han, who approached her. "We'll figure it out from here."

"What about the show? If I'm not there then who'll take my spot?" questioned Hana, looking between us and Mrs. Han.

Just then, Rosé got up from her seat to tap Mrs. Han on the shoulder. "If Hana takes some rest, then Tzuyu should be able to do it. Her and Hana are around the same height."

I almost choked on my saliva. "I don't think I-"

I was interrupted by Mrs. Han, smiling widely at the idea. "That should work! Tzuyu?" she said, still holding on to her smile. I could tell she expected me to say something and being the nice person that I am, I nodded my head. I was still unsure about this whole idea, but I figured it wouldn't be that bad.

"You'll be fine," said Rosé, rubbing my arm. "I can give you some pointers since it's your first time!"

Mrs. Han smiled at the two of us, "That's perfect! Seolhyun can let the team know that way we can make some arrangements. For now, try on the clothing and we'll see if the fitting is right."

Once we dispersed, Rosé slung her arm around my shoulder. "You'll do great, love!" she said, excitedly. We split up and now I was in one of the dressing rooms, being accompanied by Seolhyun and Gaeun.

"Isn't this dress too short?" I asked, as I examined myself in the mirror with a frown on my face. I kept trying to pull it down, but it was too short.

Seolhyun laughed and fanned her hands. "It's designed like that." She scrutinized the outfit on me, placing her finger on her chin to think. "We'll take some measurements and do some tweaking on your outfits. You have a smaller waist than Hana's, so it should be an easy fix!"

We were interrupted by a small knock on the door. Nari stuck her head in the door and smiled at me. "You have a visitor!" She wiggled her eyebrows up and down, which made me confused since I hadn't been expecting anyone other than- Mingyu! I had forgotten I had invited him since we planned to grab lunch, but since I had been selected to model; I would have to stay a while to rehearse.

Once she closed the door, I was eyed by Seolhyun and Gaeun who both gave me teasing looks. "Is that that one handsome guy that keeps coming to pick you up?" asked Gaeun, smirking at me.

Seolhyun nudged her, "Unnie, you have a boyfriend already," she whispered, but enough for me to hear. Gaeun nudged her back and raised her brow, "we were both thinking the same thing..."

I giggled at the two of them bickering. Once I was finished being measured, I changed back into my clothes and left to find Mingyu. He was sitting down on one of the chairs by the drinking machine, on his phone. Once I walked to him, he welcomed me with a smile.